How To Add Music to Your Snaps or Stories in Snapchat
One of the coolest features to come to Instagram Stories is the inclusion of music stickers, allowing you to attach snippets of your favorite songs to your story with just a few quick steps. Snapchat has yet to add a similar feature, but with a bit of creativity, you can add songs to your snaps and even link to Spotify to share the music you love with your friends. Here’s how to do it.
Adding Music To Your Snapchat VideosAdding music from your phone to your Snaps can be done simply and quickly with the music app of your choice – whether that’s your phone’s native music app, Spotify, Pandora, or something else. You’ll just need to go through a few simple steps, and you’ll have music added to your Snaps in no time.To start, you’ll want to be in an environment where you can actually play the music from your phone. If you’re in a classroom or a library, this probably isn’t the process for you. Make sure your volume is turned up somewhere between half and two-thirds; turned up to the max will likely distort the volume when being picked up by your microphone.
- Launch the music app of your choice.
- Browse your music and find the song you’d like to add to your Snap.
- Play the song, but pause it right after, navigating to just before the section of the song you’d like to play
- Just before is very important, give it a small margin before it plays the section you want!
- Next, tap the “Home” button to exit the music app but to leave it active in the background.
- Launch your Snapchat app.
- The first thing you’ll see is your camera view; switch to the camera of your choice.
- If you’re using an iOS device, swipe up from the bottom to see the Control Center; If you’re on an Android device, swipe down from the top to bring out the Notification Center..
- In both cases, you will see the song you’ve picked for your Snap.
- Tap the “Play” button to start playing the song from where you paused it; close the notification or control center.
- You will see the Snapchat panel again. Tap and hold the “Record” button to start recording, and focus the camera on what you want to record.
- Once you’re done, lift your finger from the “Record” button.
- Snapchat will play the video for you. The portion of the song that was playing while you were recording will be captured. If you can’t hear the sound, unmute the Snapchat app.
- When the playback ends, tap the little arrow icon in the lower right corner of the screen to send your newly made video to your friends.
- Scroll through your contacts and pick who you want to send the Snap to.
- Tap the “Send” button. When they open the snap, your friends will hear the music in the background of the video.