How to Add Pictures to a TikTok Video
TikTok is probably the most popular app on the planet right now. People around the world use it to record fun short videos.
These clips are a fantastic way to express yourself, and there’s no end to the possibilities. But what if you’re more partial to photos instead of videos?
Or what if you’d like to combine pictures and videos? Well, you can add photos to TikTok videos as a background or create video slideshows using pictures.
Adding Background Image to Your TikTok Video
If you have a vivid imagination, TikTok will quickly turn into your playground. Many users go as far as to create entire sets where they perform their sketches or make their dance moves. But if you lack space or props, an awesome background image will do.
You can add a picture to the background even when you’re trying to make a point about something, or you need to highlight an issue. So, how do you add a background picture to the video? It’s very straightforward, just follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your iOS or Android
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom of the screen and start recording.
- Stop recording after a few seconds and then select the “Effects” icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then at the top left corner, select “Upload your own image to change the background”.
- Continue recording, and your chosen image will appear as the background of the video.
You can then go on to add music, filter, and otherwise edit your TikTok video.
Using Photo Templates to TikTok
When you’re struggling to get the right image or find the perfect setting for your new video, don’t worry. TikTok has got you covered. You can use some of the templates that come pre-installed with the app.
TikTok has an excellent selection that will fit all kinds of moods. Each of the photo templates is different in the sense that it will allow you to upload a certain number of photos. For some, it will be 2-3. For others, you can upload ten.
The templates come with a specific animation as well, so all you need to do is add music, voice-over, or text to say what you want to say.
The photo template button is located at the bottom right corner of the screen when you open the TikTok app. You can have a lot of fun with the templates, but sometimes, they’re just not enough.
Creating a TikTok Slideshow
Templates are great, but they can stifle your creativity, or sometimes they just won’t fit into the idea you have for a TikTok video. Also, the templates don’t really work with different size images.
That’s why there’s another option you can make the most of – creating a slideshow using your own pictures. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and choose the 15- or 60-seconds video.
- Skip the “+” button and the templates and select the “Upload” option.
- Your camera roll will popup, and it will show all the videos on your phone by default. You should switch the tab from “Videos” to “Photo”.
- You can select the photos in a specific order, the way you want them to appear in the slideshow. You can select up to 12 photos from your phone.
- Once you’ve made the selection, click on the “Slideshow” option at the top.
After you’ve picked the photos for your slideshow, continue to the editor. You can first select the music you want to use, then stickers, and filter. You’ll also be able to choose if you want your images to be in a horizontal or vertical position.
Once you’re done, just press “Next”, and you’ll be prompted to the posting page. Add the description if you want and choose other settings regarding comments and privacy.
Exploring TikTok to the Fullest
Most people who use the app every day are young and tech-savvy. But there’s always more to learn about the apps we use.
TikTok has a lot of options for customization, and adding your photos is one of them. You can use a cool picture as a background for your video.
Or you can make use of one of the templates if you want a fun way to display your pictures. Finally, you get to design your own slideshow and turn it into an amazing video.
Do you add photos to TikTok videos? Let us know in the comments section below.