How to Blur Your Background for TikTok Videos
It’s not so easy to stand out on TikTok anymore. There are always newexciting challenges to keep up with on this fast-growing platform. However, byusing interesting effects and filters, you can make your videos more creativeand gain more followers.
If you’ve created a vertical video, but don’t want to crop it to fit horizontal screens, you’ll need a magic wand to edit your video. Or do you? We have a solution – read this article to discover what it is!
Blurring the Background on TikTok
Although TikTok offers plenty of funny effects and filters to applyto your videos, there isn’t one to blur the background. However, it doesn’tmean you can’t use a third-party app to do it and then upload the video to youraccount.
Here’s our choice of the best apps that you can use to blur the background of your videos. We made sure they’re all free, easy-to-use, and offer some other cool features. Our top three apps are KineMaster, InShot, and VideoShow.
KineMaster is one of the most comprehensive video-editing apps forAndroid devices, iPhones, and iPads. It features a straightforward interfaceand a bunch of options that make your videos look professional after a fewtaps. There’s a premium version, but for blurring the background, the freeedition will work just fine.
If you opt for using KineMaster, here’s how to find the blur option:
- Add the video you want to edit.
- From the circle menu on the right, choose Layer.
- Select Effects.
- Now tap on Basic effects and choose Gaussian Blur.
- You’ll see a square on the video that you can move or resize depending on the part of the footage you’d like to blur. You can also choose Mosaic for a different kind of blurry background.
With InShot, you can create amazing videos in just a few minutes.This app is available for iOS and Android devices, and has gained the trust ofmillions of users. It comes with a simple interface and useful features thatwill turn you into a pro in a few hours.
To blur your video in InShot, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the app on your phoneand choose Video in the Create New section on the home page.
- Select the desired video.
- You’ll immediately see ablurred background when you import the video. Swipe through the menu below tofind the Background button. Tap it.
- Choose the level of blurriness,a color, or a photo that you want to see in the background.
- Tap the checkmark to apply thebackground filter.
This editing app is quite popular on Google Play, and is also available for iOS devices. It’s well-rated so you’re certain to create magic with it. Among other fantastic options, such as video rotation, stickers, effects, music, and more, video blurring is also made simple. Follow the steps below:
- After you launch the app, tapthe square with a plus sign in the middle of the screen.
- Select the video you want toedit.
- Tap on Next at the bottom.
- From the menu below, selectSettings.
- Tap on Background and chooseBlur. You can also select black, white, or colored background for your video.
- You can choose differentformats for your video and make it suitable for various social media apps ifyou tap on the Aspect Ratio tab. You might need to tap here before your blurredbackground is visible, depending on your chosen video.
Other Video Editors You May Want to Try
Here are another two suggestions if you want to go beyond ourtop-three list.
Blur Video is another great app that offers this feature amongplenty of useful options for making creative videos. Moreover, it supportsseveral formats and is compatible with almost all social media platforms.
There are several blurring options within the Blur Video editor. Youcan use the FreeStyle Blur for your TikTok videos. This allows you to selectthe area you want to focus on, while the rest of the video will be blurred. Andif you’re going to share them on Instagram too, use the Insta No Crop option.If you want to make your videos fun, there’s the Fun Blur option to try out –add more effects, blur in motion, etc.
Whether you’re filming for TikTok or another social media platform,it’s always convenient to have an app that enables you to create videossuitable for any network. Square Video Editor is one such app – not only canyou crop your video and add a blurry background, but you can also film thisway.
Square video enables you to try out different effects in real-time, which is one of the best options within this app. You can also rotate videos, add music, and more. As for blurring, you have two choices with Square video. The app allows you to set a color background, or to blur it – choose whatever suits you best.
Blurry Background for Clear Videos
Video editing apps allow you to prepare your videos for any social network. Most of them are easy to use and come with a plethora of other entertaining features that will make your videos shine. Try out KineMaster, InShot, or VideoShow and let us know how these apps worked for you.
Did you have more fun with Square Video or Blur Video apps? Do youhave other suggestions? Share them in the comments section below.