How To Bold Text on Facebook
An average Facebook user sifts through hundreds of posts and comments each day, barely registering most of them. But if you want to draw attention to your posts, comments, notes, and chats, you need to make them stand out. One of the best and simplest ways to do so is to bold key sections of your comments and posts.
Let’s investigate how to bold your posts and make them stand out.
The only part of Facebook that has native support for bold text is Notes. Notes even allows users to italicize the body of a note. However, there is no option to bold the title of the note, as it is written in bold by default.
Here’s how to bold text in a Facebook note:
- Launch your browser and head over to Facebook.
- When you reach the Home page, click on the See More button at the bottom of the menu on the left side.
- Click on Notes.
- You will see the Notes feed with notes created by your friends. Click on the Write a Note button right below the Quick Help button.
- When the note creation panel opens up, click on Title and name your note.
- Click on Write something to start composing your note.
- Select a portion of the text or the entire text. You will see a menu appear above the selected text.
- Click on the B icon (the leftmost option) to bold the selected text. The end result should look something like this:
How to Bold Text on Facebook
For all other bolding purposes, Facebook users will need to rely on third-party apps and sites that can generate Unicode text that suits Facebook.
During our research, we’ve found YayText to be the most reliable and consistent solution. In the following section, we’ll explore how to bold text in posts, profiles, comments, and chat.
Bold Text in Posts
If you want your status update to stand out or attract more attention to a matter that’s important to you, you should definitely try bolding key parts of the text.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to your profile.
- Click on the What’s on your mind? box.
- Write your status, but do not publish it yet.
- Select a part of the text you’d like to bold and press Ctrl + C to copy it.
- Open YayText’s bold text generator page in a new tab.
- Paste the selected text into the generator’s Your Text box.
- The generator offers you several options to customize your text. The top two will only bold the text. Choose between the Serif and Sans options. Click on the Copy button next to your choice.
- Go back to Facebook and right-click on the selected text. Select Paste from the drop-down menu. The end result should look like this:
- Hit the Share button.
Now, your post should be published with the bold text that you copied from YayText.
Bold Text in Profile
If you’d like to accentuate certain traits or facts about you in the About You section of your profile, here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Click on the Add Bio link in the Intro section.
- Write your bio, but don’t publish it yet.
- Select a part of your description and copy it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator in a new tab.
- Paste your selection into the Your Text box.
- Click on one of the bolding options. Keep in mind that the Sans option is most compatible with Facebook.
- Go back to your Facebook profile and replace the text you bolded on YayText. The end result might look like this:
- Hit the Save button.
Bold Text in Comments
YayText also allows you to bold text in Facebook comments. Follow these steps to make your comments stand out:
- Find a post you’d like to comment on.
- Click on Write a comment and write your comment. Like in previous tutorials, don’t post it yet.
- Select and copy the portion of your comment that you’d like to appear in bold font.
- Open the bold text generator in a new tab.
- Paste your selection into the Your Text box.
- Click on one of the offered options. Your text is now copied to the clipboard and ready to be pasted into your comment.
- Go back to Facebook and replace the selected text with its bolded version. It should look something like this:
- Press Enter to add your comment to the discussion.
Bold Text in Facebook Chat
Finally, YayText allows you to bold text in your Facebook chats. Here’s how to surprise your friends with bold statements and comments.
- Open a chat window.
- Write your post, but don’t hit Enter.
- Select a part of the comment you’d like to appear bold. Copy it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator page in another tab.
- Paste your selection in the Your Text box.
- Select one of the offered options. Click on the Copy button next to it.
- Go back to Facebook.
- Replace the text in your chat message. Our result looks like this:
- Hit the send button or press Enter on your keyboard.
Give Them a Piece of Your Mind
Bolded comments or sections of status might draw attention to a matter that’s important to you. However, use them sparingly. Frequent use might diminish the effect.
Do you bold your Facebook posts, comments, and chat messages? How do your friends react to them? Let us know in the comments below.