How to Change the Highlight Color in an Instagram Story
Instagram Stories have been a huge hit around the world. Did you know that over 85% of Instagram users post Stories at least a few times a week? It’s not just for sharing videos of their friends, either—younger generations even use Stories to discover products and services they’re interested in. This gives you an idea of how vital this type of content is.
There are plenty of ways to make your Stories unique. Among other features, you can use different filters and highlights to enhance the photo or video you’re sharing. Read our article to learn how it’s done.
Changing Text Highlight Color in Instagram Stories
- Changing Text Highlight Color in Instagram Stories
- How to Use the Dropper Tool on Instagram
- How to Customize Your Instagram Story Highlights Cover
- How to Use Create Mode to Make Colorful Text-Only Instagram Stories
- How to Change Background Color on Instagram Stories With Photo
- Additional FAQs
- Colorful Instagram Stories for a Unique Profile
Highlights can refer to a couple of things on Instagram.
So, you can use the highlight feature to make your text blocks pop up more in your Stories. On the other hand, you can save your Instagram Stories on your profile in the “Highlights” section and select a cover for each one. Those covers make your profile look neat and organized.
If you want to highlight your text blocks in different colors, do the following:
- Start a new Instagram Story and tap the Aa icon to add text.
- When done typing, tap the icon with the letter A and two stars next to the color palette icon at the top.
- Your text will become highlighted – it’s usually black with white letters by default.
- Now tap the color palette and select the desired color.
- You’ll see that the letters now have the selected color but not the highlight.
- Tap the highlight icon again to make the highlighted part of the text block the selected color. You can go through the color palette again if you change your mind about the color.
Note: The way the highlight looks depends on the font you choose. Some fonts can’t be highlighted.
How to Use the Dropper Tool on Instagram
The dropper tool works great if you want your text block to be the same color as some element on the image you’re uploading.
Here’s how to use it:
- Launch Instagram on your phone and start a story.
- Choose a photo from your gallery or take a new one.
- Tap the text icon and type in whatever you want to add to the image.
- Tap the color palette at the top and then the dropper tool at the bottom of the screen.
- Move the dropper around the image and position the dot on the element with the color you want to imitate.
- The text now has the color you’ve selected from the image.
This feature is cool if you want to use hashtags in your stories, but you don’t want them to ruin your picture. If you copy the color from an element on the image, you can make the hashtags invisible.
How to Customize Your Instagram Story Highlights Cover
You can save essential Stories as highlights on your profile. Every highlight has its own cover image that you can change whenever you want. The cover doesn’t need to be a Story included in the highlight – you can upload an entirely different picture just for this purpose.
What many Instagram users do is create unique highlight covers with small icons. These icons make it easier to find a specific Story among highlights and make the profile look neat. You can use different third-party apps to create these icons and highlight covers.
For instance, Canva has excellent templates that you can customize and add your own brand colors.
How to Use Create Mode to Make Colorful Text-Only Instagram Stories
If you only want to share text on your Stories, here’s how to use the Create Mode:
- Open Instagram and swipe to the right to open the Story screen.
- From the menu on the left, select the first icon: Aa to open the Create Mode.
- You’ll find a colorful circle in the lower right corner of the screen, usually pink by default. Tap here to see what screen colors are available and choose one that suits you.
- When you pick a background, tap the screen to start typing.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Stories With Photo
When you share a photo from your feed as a Story, the background color is determined by the dominant color on the picture you’re sharing. If you want to change it, use the dropper tool.
- Find the photo you want to share.
- Tap the airplane icon and select the “Add post to your story” option.
- In the Story screen, tap the coloring tool in the menu at the top (it’s the second from the right).
- Tap the dropper tool at the bottom and choose a new color for the background.
- Tap anywhere on the background and hold your finger on the screen until the background has the color you’ve selected.
Need more information about Instagram Stories? Here’s another frequently asked question:
How Do You Change the Color of Your Messages on Instagram?
Now that Messenger and Instagram messages have practically become one, you can choose different themes for your private messages. Follow the steps below:
• Launch Instagram on your phone and go to your direct messages.
• Choose a conversation to which you want to add a new theme.
• Select the “i” icon in the upper right corner.
• Under Chat Settings, select the circle next to Theme.
• From the pop-up window, select a color, gradient, or theme that suits you.
• The theme will be applied, and you’ll see a notification underneath your last message in the conversation.
Colorful Instagram Stories for a Unique Profile
With all these features, you can create spectacular, creative Stories that will make your profile shine. Highlighting text blocks and changing background colors is something you can easily do, and the outcome can be fantastic if you let your imagination run free. After creating these beautiful Stories, you can save them all as highlights on your profile.
Have you already tried some of these features? Do you keep your Story highlights organized? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.