How to Change Opacity in PicsArt
PicsArt isn’t just an image editing program that you can use to add effects, or adjust the sharpness and brightness of the photo. It has many other unique features, such as changing opacity. Doing so will create stunning images, which will make your direct messages on Instagram explode. Are you interested in finding out how to do it? In this article, we’ll show you the exact steps. As a bonus, you’ll learn more about other transparent effects on PicsArt. Stay tuned if you want to find out more!
Depending on how you adjust opacity, the object can look completely or partly transparent. If you’ve got an image that you want to edit to look like that, this is what you need to do:
- First of all, launch PicsArt.
- Then, upload an image by clicking on the plus icon.
- From the menu bar, select ‘Cutout.’
- You can tap on ‘Person,’ and the app will cut out the shape of the subject. Alternatively, tap on ‘Outline’ to do it yourself.
- Once you finish, hit ‘Preview’ to see what the cutout image will look like.
- Then, click on ‘Next’ to save it as a sticker.
You’ve now saved the image in ‘My stickers.’ Next, exit the window and upload a new image. You can use nature, a city, anything you think might looks cool as a transparent background for your subject. Once you do this, you can select ‘Effects’ from the menu bar to add some a fun layer. Then, hit ‘Draw’ from the menu bar. After that, follow these steps:
- Look for a photo icon with a plus sign and tap on it.
- Click on ‘Sticker,’ and then ‘My Stickers.’
- Look for the image you’ve just cut and tap on it.
- Place it where you want it to appear on the background and adjust the size.
- Next, hit the layers icon and choose ‘Screen’ from the list.
- Then, click on ‘Add Empty Layer.’
- Tap on the layer icon to exit this window.
- Once again, click on the photo icon with the plus sign.
- Select ‘Sticker’ and add another copy of the image you’ve cut.
- Adjust the size to fit the image that’s already on the background.
You might find it confusing that you have to add identical images on top of each other. But bear with us. It’ll all be clear in a second.
- Click on the eraser and adjust the size. To finish everything much faster, make it as large as possible.
- Set the opacity to 100%.
- Now, click on the checkmark and start erasing the outline of the subject.
- You’ll see how you’re changing the opacity of the image.
Voila! You’ve created a transparent image with a unique background. If you only had one image on the background, this wouldn’t be possible. That’s why you add layers.
Transparent Text Effect
You might think creating transparent text would require next level editing skills. However, you couldn’t be further from the truth. These is what you must do:
- Open PicsArt and upload a white background.
- Then, click on ‘Draw’ from the menu bar.
- Tap on the layer icon, and then the paint bucket icon.
- Select the black color and click on the checkmark.
- Adjust the opacity to get a light grey color.
- Save this image by hitting ‘Apply’ and ‘Next.’
- Then, tap on ‘Text’ from the menu bar to write something.
Here, you can choose the text alignment, font, colors, etc. Test everything until you’re satisfied with the way your text looks. Finally, tap on ‘Apply’ to save the project. Once you complete these steps, it’s time to add your image. Tap on ‘Add Photo’ from the menu bar and find the image in your gallery. Before you even adjust the size, tap on ‘Blend,’ and select ‘Screen.’ That’s it! You now have an image with transparent text.
Transparent Double Exposure
You may know how to create double exposure images on PicsArt, but did you know that there’s a way to make them transparent too? If you continue reading this section, you’ll see how simple it is. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open PicsArt and upload an image of a subject.
- Click on ‘Draw’ from the menu bar, and then on the layers icon.
- Select your image from the list of layers.
- Next, click on the eraser and adjust the brush size.
- Draw a line around the subject.
- Make sure you also erase the background.
- Then, tap on the layers icon again, and select the first layer.
- Hit the picture icon with a plus sign on it, and then click on ‘Photo.’
- Select ‘Free images’ and in the search bar type anything you want. You can even choose ‘Unsplash’ and ‘Shutterstock’ images.
Once you do this, the image will appear as the first layer. Select ‘Lighten’ to choose how it shows. After that, tap to open an empty layer. Click on it, and then click on the photo icon again. Look for the same image. Using your finger, drag the first layer to the bottom. Click on the three-dot menu and select ‘Transform.’ You can now adjust the background to fit the lines of the bottom exposure on the subject.
Cool Opacity Effects
PicsArt is a fantastic image editing app that boasts so many unusual effects. Applying most of them is relatively easy, as long as you follow the steps like the ones we’ve listed in this article. You can now easily make the subject or the text transparent and even create double exposure images with reduced opacity. How about you? Have you ever used any similar effects? Do you have any tips for our readers? Let us know in the comments section below.