How To Check Someone Else’s Snapchat Score & Streak (April 2021)
This tutorial is going to show you how to check someone else’s Snapchat score and how to improve your own. The Snapchat score is one of the more controversial elements of the social network. Scoring people on how they interact, how often they interact, what they do, when they do it, and who they do it with sounds dystopian but is a mostly harmless measure of just how much you use Snapchat. They want you to consistently use their app more so they reward you with meaningless points. It’s a simple and very effective marketing strategy.
The Snapchat score is a little extra bonus that heavy users get for participating more often in the app. To many, the Snap Score isn’t just a status symbol. It’s a way to know whether a new friend is using the app often, it’s a way to show others that it’s your preferred method of communication, and it can even be a way to see if someone is actively communicating with other friends on the platform.
Whereas gamers have their time played and achievements, social media users have their Snap Scores. So, let’s take a dive into everything we know about the scoring system, including how to see someone’s Snap Score.
Check your Snapchat score
Your own Snapchat score is displayed as a number underneath your profile image on the main Snapchat home page in the app. It’s underneath your username and above any trophies, you may have and will likely be counted in the thousands.
Your score is made up mainly of the number of Snaps you send and receive as well as Stories you create, post, and read. There are ‘other factors’ as well according to Snapchat but they don’t tell us what they are.
Considering the “streak” is something that avid Snapchat users covet, we can safely assume they have something to do with it as well. Suffice to say, the more you use Snapchat, the higher your score.
Check someone else’s Snapchat score
You know you can see your own score. We even told you where it is. The real question is. “how can I see someone else’s score?” The answer is that you can see someone else’s score, but you have to be friends with them on Snapchat to be able to see it.
Here is how to do it:
- Open a chat with the person whose score you want to check.
- Tap on their profile icon either from your messages, or the messages you’ve had with this person.
- Check their score in the profile window that appears. It will be next to their username at the top.
You don’t have to select any of those menu items at the bottom if you’re just checking their Snapchat score. Just hit the “back” button on your phone to close the window. You can rinse and repeat for all your friends in exactly the same way.
Improve your Snapchat score
Snapchat scores grow the more you use the app but we know that creating and receiving Snaps, creating Stories, adding friends, and maintaining Snap Streaks all go a long way to increasing that score.
Simple private messages do not help your snap score but actively participating in group messages does according to most plausible theories.
To improve your score:
- Send a good morning or goodnight Snap to your friends. One or two extra Snaps per day will soon mount up.
- Read every Snap or Story you see. Even if it’s painful to read or to even look at you will get points for just opening them.
- Follow and engage with celebrities. Not only do they send dozens of Snaps a day, which once opened will help you rack up points but they will also not complain about being sent dozens a day from you. In fact, some major celebrities use agencies to manage their social media presence so they may not even see them.
- Follow and engage with brands. As above, most major brands will use agencies or social media marketers. Following and sending Snaps to brands should have the same effect. Especially if you can send one of you with a brand product.
- Give up Snapchat. Sounds dumb right? Gain points for giving up? Apparently, you get a points boost if you give up the app for a while and rejoin.
This is probably nothing you didn’t already know but they are the only publicized ways to boost your Snapscore.
Finally, ignore those websites that say they can boost your score within 24 hours for just a few dollars. They are usually fake and some will even use hacked accounts to perform their work. While you may get a boost to your Snapchat score, nobody wants to encourage hacking or other nefarious activity.
At best you’ll see a deluge of spam or loads of surveys to complete. At worst, you encourage these people to hack more Snapchat accounts and ruin the experience for hundreds of users.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I see someone’s Snap Score?
The only way you’re granted the ability to see someone else’s snap score is to add them as a friend and have them accept you as a friend in return. If both users haven’t hit the ‘Add’ button, neither will see the other’s Snap Score.
The same goes for if someone blocked or removed you. If you could once see the Snap Score but you aren’t able to anymore, it likely means that the two of you are no longer friends on Snapchat.
How often does the Snap Score update?
Users can often see their own scores go up immediately while it may take longer for you to see someone else’s score go up. There are many theories about how the Snapchat Score updates, but most everyone agrees it can take up to one week before a new score is reflected on the platform.
Although this doesn’t seem likely (it usually updates much quicker than that), it is possible that the score is simply delayed if you’re trying to help someone increase their score. If, after a week, the score has not updated it’s likely because the activities that the user is partaking in on the app (such as private messages) aren’t a part of the scoring system.
Know of any other legit ways to boost your Snapchat score? Tell us about it below if you do!