How To Delete ALL your Tik Tok Posts
Every once in a while it is a good idea to restart and refresh. Maybe you want to rebrand yourself and the videos you have aren’t cutting it. Maybe you split with your TikTok partner and want it all down, but you don’t want to change your account name. This tutorial will show you how to delete all of your videos without removing your account.
TikTok is one of the most popular social networks around right now with over 150 million daily users and millions of downloads. Ever since it took over from Music.ly, it went from strength to strength, growing massively and reaching millions across the globe. It began as a lip sync app, and that is still a major part of it, but it has evolved into something more.
TikTok can be a fantastic creative outlet, but there may be times when you need to leave it behind or want to wipe the slate clean and begin again. As easy as reinvention is on social media, it’s also easy within TikTok. You can either delete all your TikTok posts and begin again or wipe your account and start all over.
Delete all your TikTok posts
Even though the platform doesn’t want you to delete videos, it does make it easy to do so. The good thing is that it takes just three taps to delete a video. The downside is that you cannot bulk delete them so if you have dozens, or hundreds, of videos you’re going to be there a while!
To delete a TikTok post:
- Open TikTok and select Account.
- Select TikTok Gallery and scroll to the video you want to delete.
- Select the three dot menu icon and tap Delete. (on iOS it’s an arrow)
- Repeat steps 1-3 for every video you have on TikTok.
This process is irreversible so once you tap delete there is no going back. You’re going to have to do this for every video you have uploaded, but once done the videos are gone for good!
There is no way to delete videos from your account in bulk without a third party app. If you are interested in mass video deletion you can search for a TikTok managing app, but there are not currently any available.
How to delete a TikTok account
If you really want to just delete all of your photos but there are too many to delete individually and you’re not that attached to your account, or if you’re after a totally clean slate, deleting your TikTok account is the way to go. You will lose all the content you uploaded and any Followers you might have, but the scope for reinvention is limitless with a brand new account.
To delete a TikTok account:
- Open TikTok and select Account.
- Select the three dot menu icon in the top right of the screen.
- Select Privacy and Settings and Manage My Account.
- Select Phone Number and add your number.
- Wait for a 4 digit code to be sent via SMS and enter that into your TikTok app.
- Select ‘Thinking about removing your account?’ and wait for another code to arrive.
- Enter the code into the app and select Continue.
- Select Continue to confirm account deletion.
Remember, this is final. As soon as you confirm you want to delete your TikTok account, that’s it. Your account, username, uploads, followers and everything else will be deleted forever.
Starting TikTok afresh
Once you have deleted your old account, you can set up a new one and start over. You can be who you want to be, try something brand new, leave old troubles behind and overall just have a new start. There are many reasons why you might want to leave an old TikTok account behind but either way here is how to create a new TikTok account from scratch.
There was a period of time where hundreds of people were locked out of their accounts and needed resets. If you left your response time too long your account was deactivated. The following steps will work for you as well.
- Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Enter your birthday at the prompt.
- Select ‘Sign up with Phone Number or Email’ and choose one.
- Enter your details at the prompt and add the confirmation code you were just sent.
- Select a username and password.
- Complete the puzzle or Captcha to prove you’re human.
Once complete, your new TikTok account should be live. From here you can begin finding people to follow, make new friends, start uploading and do all those things that makes TikTok such a cool place to hang out and spend time.
Deleting all your TikTok videos or your entire account isn’t for the faint hearted. It means all your hard work disappears never to be seen again. It’s a big move but could be just what you need to make a fresh start. Good luck with it!