How To Delete an Instagram Draft
It happens all the time. You think you have the perfect Instagram capture and can’t wait to share it with your followers. But hang on one second. You can’t quite get the filter right. That or the perfect capture would get so many more likes later this afternoon, tomorrow, or on the weekend. What do you do? You save it, only to decide days later that it wasn’t perfect after all. In fact, it wasn’t even all that good. Unfortunately, your drafts are now littered with just these kinds of posts and you don’t know what to do about it.
Saving Posts as a Drafts
Maybe you came here because you don’t even know how to save drafts in the first place and are tired of dropping quality pics that would have worked fine on any other day. Let’s start there. To save a draft, complete the following steps:
- Take or upload your photo (of course).
- Add any filters or effects that you want to save the draft with.
- Tap Next in the upper right hand corner to go to the final editing step. Here you can add a caption or location to save the draft with.
- Tap the back arrow in the upper left hand corner instead of saving the photo. This will take you back to editing.
- Tap the back arrow again to bring up the Save Draft or Discard options.
- Tap Save Draft.
You must edit the photo in some way by adding filters, captions, tagging people, or more in order to save it as a draft. If you leave it as is, Instagram doesn’t want to save it.
Viewing Saved Drafts
Convinced that you saved that photo from last week but unsure how to access it? These simple steps will take you there.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the plus sign to add a photo.
- Tap Library in the bottom left of your screen.
- Drafts are the first category of picture, located above your camera roll. Tap on an image to bring it up.
Deleting Saved Drafts
Have too many drafts and you want to clean house? Instagram definitely hides the delete option (for whatever reason), but it’s there if you know where to look.
- Complete the above steps.
- Tap on Manage to the right of the drafts.
- Tap Edit in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on the photos you want to delete.
- Tap Discard Posts.
Knowing how to save Instagram drafts is essential if you have to put your phone away and don’t want to lose your hard photo-editing work. Knowing how then go in and delete them is essential for keeping your sanity and not getting lost in a sea of photos you don’t want while you try to find the one you do.