How To Delete/Remove all Likes on Facebook
Facebook’s “Like” button has been around for almost ten years. It is a handy way to show appreciation for your friends’ posts and express interest in niche Facebook pages. However, the number of pages and posts you like can accumulate quickly to the point of flooding your News Feed.
Luckily, there is a way to remove all the likes from your Facebook account. Actually, there’s a way you can also remove all Facebook posts without deleting your account, but that is another topic. This article discusses removing all Facebook likes. The methods below work for liked photos, posts, pages, and anything else you’ve thumbed up. You still can’t unlike many pages and posts at once, so some you must have patience when you start filtering through all your Facebook likes.
Remove All Likes on The Desktop
Despite the popularity of the Facebook smartphone app, many people still access Facebook on a desktop. Follow the steps below to remove/delete all FB likes on a desktop:
- Access Your Facebook Account.
- Hit the “triangle” Icon in the top right corner of the page. Older Facebook versions might have a gear icon.
- Select “Settings & Privacy.”
- Select “Activity Log.”
- Go to the Activity Log Section on the left and click “Filter.”
- Choose “Likes & Reactions” and select “Save Changes.” The list in the left column will show all likes and reactions chronologically.
- Sort further by year if desired using the same “Filter” popup as above.
- Click the three dots on the right of each post that you liked, and then select “Unlike.” The editing menu also allows you to delete a reaction to a post, click “Remove Reaction” to do it.
There is another category of likes you may want to edit, assuming they don’t show up in the above lists. You have Facebook pages (not posts) that you have liked, such as pages for musicians, movies, websites, or any other type of Facebook page, official or unofficial. You may want to update your likes in this location as well if they weren’t discovered in the above method.
Here is how to delete/manage your Facebook page likes:
- Launch Facebook and head to your profile page from the link on the left.
- Select “More,” which is located under your cover photo and name.
- Click “Likes,” which loads your Facebook page likes.
- Hover over a liked page and click on “Liked” to unlike it. It will disappear from your page likes upon refreshing the browser tab.
Remove Likes on the Facebook Android or iOS Smartphone App
Wondering how to delete all Facebook likes using the smartphone app? No need to scratch your head anymore, follow the steps below to unlike posts, pages, and comments.
- Launch the Android or iOS Facebook App
- Tap the menu (hamburger) icon to access the options. The icon is at the top of the screen on Android and the bottom of the screen on iOS.
- Select “Settings & Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Tap on “Activity Log.”
- Select “Category.”
- Choose “Likes and Reactions.“
- Tap the arrow down icon next to each post you liked, and select “Unlike” in the popup window.
Alternative Smartphone App Method
A quick way to access all the likes on a smartphone is to do the following:
- Launch the smartphone’s Facebook app.
- Tap on your profile photo, then tap “Activity Log.”
- Select “Category” then choose “Likes & Reactions.”
- Tap the dropdown arrow next to each post you want unliked.
As you can see, removing or deleting likes from your Facebook account is pretty straightforward. The methods listed above provide a slow but guaranteed way to delete all likes on Facebook. It will remove the load from your timeline and give you a chance to “thumbs up” what currently interests you.