How to Change Page Name on Facebook
If you’ve been trying to change your page name on Facebook and you’ve been unable to, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Maybe due to a lack of clear instructions, you’ve made a misstep, and that’s why we’ll explore how you can update your Facebook page name, display name, and URL successfully.
In this article, we’ll also give you additional instructions to help you customize your Facebook page.
How to Change Your Page Name on Facebook
- How to Change Your Page Name on Facebook
- What to Do If Facebook Refuses to Change Page Name
- How to Change Your Facebook Page URL
- How to Appeal a Page Name Change on Facebook
- Additional FAQs
- New Name, New Page
If you want to change your page name, you’ll have to be recognized as a page admin. Here’s how you can send a request:
- Open Facebook and click on the three-line icon.
- Click on “Pages.”
- Go to your Page and click on the wheel and “Page Info.”
- Click on “Name.”
- Write the new page name.
- Click on “Request Change.”
Changing your Page’s name won’t affect your Username, as this is connected to your account and can’t be changed.
What to Do If Facebook Refuses to Change Page Name
There are cases when Facebook may refuse to let you change the page name. Usually, this is because the name is already taken or when they’re not aligned with name guidelines. If you choose a name that drastically differs from your previous one, the chances of having your name refused are relatively high.
How to Change Your Facebook Page URL
Before we begin explaining, there’s an important thing we need to say. Everything after www.facebook.com/ is called the Username, and if you start looking for your URL in the settings, you’ll probably get lost. Here’s how you can change your URL or Username:
- Open your Facebook account, which acts as the admin of the Page you want to change.
- Open “Page info” on the left side of the Page.
- Here you’ll see your current username, and if you click on it, you’ll be able to enter a new one.
- After that, It will automatically save.
How to Appeal a Page Name Change on Facebook
If you’re not willing to come up with a new page name, you can appeal for a Page Name Change Request. Alternatively, you can start changing your page name slowly by adding small adjustments until you get to the last version of the name you want. This can take you up to a few weeks, but it’s worth it.
How Do I Change My Facebook Display Name?
Changing your display name is a very straightforward process, however, you can only change your name once in 60 days. That’s why you need to make sure that you’ve chosen the right one. Here’s how you can change your display name:
• Open Facebook.
• Click on the arrow down icon in the upper right corner.
• Open “Settings and Privacy” and click “Settings.”
• Tap on “Name” and type your new name.
• Click on “Review Change.”
• Type your password to confirm, and then choose “Save Changes.”
How Do I Change My Page Name on Facebook Mobile?
Changing your name on the Facebook phone is a quick and straightforward process, and here are the steps to do it:
• Open your Facebook app.
• Click on the three-line icon on the top right of your phone screen.
• Click on “Pages” and click on the wheel icon in the upper right corner.
• Click on “Page Info” and then click on “Name.”
• Write your new name and click on “Continue.”
• In the end, click on “Request Change.”
Why Can’t I Change My Facebook Page Name?
There are a few reasons why you can’t change your Facebook name. Here are some of the most common ones:
• You don’t have admin status, and you’re not authorized to change the page name.
• Another admin changed the page name recently.
• The page name is not aligned with Facebook name policy rules.
• Your page name is entirely different from your old one.
What Page Names Are Allowed on Facebook?
Only names that don’t include these elements will be approved:
• Numbers, symbols, or repeating characters
• Unusual titles
• Offensive words
• Characters that belong only to specific languages
New Name, New Page
Changing your name is not always easy on Facebook. However, if you know all the steps, you’re increasing your chances of succeeding on the first try.
Now that you know how to change your page name and you can be sure that Facebook won’t reject it. How often do you change your name on Facebook? Do you think it’s important to customize the URL on Facebook?
Let us know in the comments section below.