59 Friendship Quotes for Instagram
This holiday season, you’ve probably been reflecting on the people you love most. Sometimes that means giving thanks to your family, sometimes it means calling up your sister, and sometimes it means remembering why your friends are your friends. Next time you take to Instagram to tell your friends how you feel, consider one of these touching or amusing quotes.
- Friendship isn’t a big thing. It’s a million small things.
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives, and remembering what one receives.” – Alexander Dumas
- “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” – Heidi Willis
- “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” – Samuel Butler
- “Remember no man is a failure who has friends.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
- “If you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
What Makes a True Friend
- True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.
- “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson Gentry
- “True friends are like diamonds: bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
- True friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.
- I like you because you join in on my weirdness.
- Best friends don’t need you to explain your jokes.
- Friends don’t let friends do silly things alone.
- Life was meant for best friends and good adventures.
- The uglier the Snapchat the closer the friend.
- I don’t know what’s tighter: our jeans or our friendship.
Friends in Hard Times
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” – Steve Maraboli
- “It’s the friends you can all up at 4am that matter.” – Marlene Dietrich
- “The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is dearer than the one who stays away.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “I get by with a little help from my friends.” – The Beatles
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
Friends Like Me
- We live so far apart because the world isn’t ready for that much constant awesome.
- Always better together.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- We go together like drunk and disorderly.
- Surround yourself with people who get it.
- “In my friend, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
Making New Friends
- “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” – N. R. Hart
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Hensen
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
- “No friendship is an accident.” – O.Henry
- We’ll be friends until we’re old and senile. Then, we’ll be new friends!
- We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which of us is the bad influence.
- You’ll always be my friend…you know too much.
- Good friends never say goodbye.
The Language of Friendship
- “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Silence makes the real conversations between friends.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
- Best friends have a language impossible to understand by other people.
- My friend and I communicate in hugs.
Friends and Family
- “Friends are the family you choose.” – Jesse C. Scott
- Friendship transfers a stranger into a relative.
- Treat your friends like family and your family like friends.
- God gave us friends to make up for our relatives.
Friends and Chocolate
- Besides chocolate, you’re my favorite.
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
- There’s nothing friends and a little chocolate can’t fix.
- Friends don’t let friends eat chocolate…alone.
- In the cookies of life, friends are the chocolate chips.
Being a Good Friend
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
What Friendship Isn’t
- “No person is a friend who demands you silence or denies your right to grow. – Alice Walker
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest.
- “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
- Friendship isn’t always hearing what you want to hear.
Take some time to remember what friendship means to you, and make sure your friends know remember it too.