How to Make Text Move in an Instagram Story
Instagram is all about sharing photos and stories with other users. It offers all kinds of effects and options designed to help you make unique pictures that stand out from the crowd. However, those options are still somewhat limited. So, if you want to add moving text to your Instagram Story, you will have to use a third-party app. Keep reading and find out which apps can help you add moving text and other effects to your Instagram Stories.
PicsArt Animator: Gif & Video
As the name already suggests, PicsArt Animator is an app that allows you to create all kinds of animations. The list includes pics, videos, and of course, Instagram Stories. It’s one of those apps that need a little getting used to, but once you figure out how it works you will be able to create some fantastic animated text effects.
The app requires you to add the position of the text frame by frame until you’re happy with the way it moves. However, there are no built-in fonts, meaning you will have to write your text by swiping the screen. Don’t let that confuse you because that’s precisely what makes using this app so easy. Here is how you use it:
- Open the app and select the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the photo from your Gallery or Camera Roll and tap the “Brush” icon to write the text.
- Hit the + icon again to select the starting frame for your text.
- Repeat the process for as many frames as you want.
- Tap the checkmark icon when you’re happy with your animation.
The process is straightforward, and the results are pretty awesome. You should leave a blank frame between two adjacent frames to make the text move slower. The app also comes with all kinds of exciting stickers that will help you come up with something unique for your next Story. You can reload any animation at any time and add more effects if you want.
Text Animation DP GIF
If you’re looking for a simple app that doesn’t require too much effort, Text Animation DP GIF is an excellent choice. It comes with some GIF templates that allow you to create moving text for your Instagram Stories in minutes. There are plenty of fonts to choose from, and you can also change the size and color of the text. Here is how it works.
- Open the app and select the template you want.
- Enter your desired text.
- Choose the font, size, and color of the text.
- When you are happy with how your Instagram Story looks, you can upload it directly to Instagram as a GIF.
Since this is a free app, it comes with ads, so it might be better to save the GIF and upload it to Instagram after you close the app.
Adobe Spark Post
Adobe Spark Post doesn’t come with so many bells and whistles, but it’s the perfect app if you want to get things done quickly. Even though it has somewhat limited options, you will still be able to create some memorable pictures and Stories.
The app also allows you to animate the background, not just the text. It provides subtle transitions on the screen, so it could be ideal for your everyday Instagram Stories. Here is how it works:
- Open the app and select the image you want to use as a template.
- Enter the text you want.
- Tap the “Effects” bar and choose the effect you want.
- Open the “Image” tab to add animation effects to the background.
- Select “Save” when you are done and the animation will be saved to your phone’s gallery.
Keep in mind that there are only three available text effects. They are Slide, Fade, and Grow.
Hype TexT – Animated Text Video Maker
Hype TexT has almost the same name as another app further down the list. However, it offers a completely different set of animation effects and options. It’s easy to use, and the effects are among the best out there.
There are many features for you to explore, including creating custom backgrounds, changing colors, size, formatting of your Instagram Story, and so on. Here is how you use it:
- Open the app and select the image from your Gallery/Camera Roll or pick a single color background.
- Enter the text you want and hit the “Play” icon.
- Select the effect you like and save the animation.
Hype Text – Type Animated Text & Mojo Story Maker
Last but not least, we have Hype Text. It’s one of the most popular third-party apps for creating animated text for Instagram Stories. It offers a lot of different effects, and you can also control the speed of animation.
Furthermore, there are hundreds of fonts to choose from, and the process of creating animations is very simple. Here is how you use it:
- Open the app and pick the image you want to use.
- Select the desired aspect ratio and choose the type of text you want to use.
- Tap the little clock icon to select the animation speed.
- Pick the animation you want from the menu.
- Finally, tap the “Tick” icon to save your animation.
Make Your Instagram Story Memorable
Instagram does offer a few cool effects, but they get old quick. All of the apps reviewed above can help you create a unique Instagram Story that will keep other users guessing how you did it. With a little practice, you will be able to create some impressive Stories that will draw in likes like a magnet.
Which app do you use for moving text in your Instagram Stories? Did you try any of the apps on our list? Tell us how you do it in the comment section below.