How To Move Candy Crush Progress to New Phone
Your smartphone is probably the main way you play most games, even if you have a console at home. It’s all too easy to load up a quick run while on the bus or headed home on a road trip, or even just while lounging around the house. While there’s plenty of deep RPGs and action games that can provide tons of experience when playing, most people focus their mobile energies on games that require a little less attention.
Wildly popular, Candy Crush is one of the most famous mobile games ever launched. The game is immensely successful and profitable, supplying gamers with a great time waster wherever they are. There are thousands of levels for you to crush and countless rewards and gold bars to collect. But what to do when you buy a new phone?
Luckily, saving your progress and continuing on the new phone is very simple. Let’s take a look at how to transfer your save data to your new device.
Via Facebook and Kingdom
This is the official method for moving your progress from one phone to another. In order for it to work, you will have to have a registered account on King.com or have an active Candy Crush account on Facebook.
This method works for both iOS and Android devices and doesn’t involve installing third-party apps or using your PC or Mac, so anyone should be able to load up their
- Launch Candy Crush on your old phone.
- Back up your game progress and connect to either Kingdom or Facebook. This way, you’ll synchronize your progress with the game servers.
- Install Candy Crush on the new phone. iPhone and iPad users download from the App Store. Android users, install from Google Play.
- Launch the game on the new device.
- Connect to your king.com or Facebook account.
Along with your level progress, all your gold bars should be transferred to your new phone. They are regularly synched with the game servers and are available across your devices. If you don’t see your gold bars on the new phone, be sure to contact the developer here.
This method does not allow you to transfer your extra moves, extra lives, and boosters to your new devices because they are not synced with the game servers. Instead, they are stored locally on your phone. If you still have access to the old phone, you can play Candy Crush on it and use up all the saved boosters and extra moves.
What Happens When You Get a New Facebook Account?
The more common way of saving mobile game progress is using your Facebook account. It’s the most simple way to save progress because all you need to do is sign in to your existing Facebook account and allow Candy Crush access. If you’ve changed your Facebook account, or you no longer have it, all hope isn’t lost.
Fortunately, the Candy Crush support team can add your progress back manually according to king.com. All you need to do is fill out the help form to begin the process. For those who are thinking about deleting your account, it’s probably a good idea to take some screenshots of your game progress to use as proof just in case there’s a dispute.
- Open Candy Crush and login with your new Facebook account or King account.
- Tap the settings cog in the lower left-hand corner.
- Tap the ‘?’ located in the lower portion of the pop-up menu.
- Choose a topic or type one in the search bar.
- Proceed to send an email to Candy Crush Support.
Assuming you still have some information about your old account it shouldn’t be an issue to get your progress back but it may take some time.
Via Third-Party Apps
Transferring your game progress through your Facebook and king.com accounts is the fastest and easiest way. However, if you’re unable to connect to your accounts, you can still keep your progress. To do so, you will need to use transfer management apps and your computer. Let’s see how to transfer your Candy Crush progress with 3rd party apps.
CopyTrans is designed for iPhone and iPad users who are switching devices and want to keep their Candy Crush progress intact. Before we start, download and install CopyTrans on your computer.
At the moment of this writing, CopyTrans is only available for Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. Here’s how this method works.
- Launch CopyTrans on your computer.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- You should see all your apps and games in the app’s main window. They will be grouped on the left side. Click on Candy Crush to select it.
- Click the “Backup App” button above the list.
- Next, browse for the location where you want to save your Candy Crush backup.
- Click the “OK” button. Candy Crush will be saved to your computer in an .IPA file.
- Exit the app and disconnect the old phone.
- Re-launch the app and connect the new phone.
- Locate the .IPA file you previously saved and drag it into the main window of the app. The entire game, along with your process will be installed on your new phone.
The Helium app by ClockwordMod is designed for Android users who want to transfer apps and files from one device to another. You can also use it to move Candy Crush between your phones. Install the app on both phones. Also, you will need to install the Helium Desktop app on your computer. With the requirements out of the way, here is how to transfer your Candy Crush progress to your new phone:
- Launch the Helium app on your old phone.
- Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the Helium Desktop app. The apps will connect and you’ll see a pop-up on your computer screen informing you that the app has been enabled on your Android.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Launch the Helium app on your phone and select the “PC Download” option. This will take you to the Helium server screen.
- Launch the web browser on your PC and go to the same address.
- On your phone, uncheck the “Backup App Data” option and select Candy Crush.
- Tap the “Start Backup” button. This will save a .zip file containing Candy Crush on your computer.
- Repeat the steps 2 through 6 with the new phone.
- Then, select the “Restore” option on your new phone and navigate to the previously saved .zip file. This will transfer Candy Crush to your new phone.
Continue the Game
With the methods described in this tutorial, you will be crushing candies again in no time. Choose the right method for you and keep the fun going.