How to Fix Snapchat Cameos Not Appearing in the App
Fun and innovative, Snapchat Cameos are like meme versions of movie cameos. But sometimes they don’t show up. If this is happening to you, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll show you how to both update and reinstall the app, and help you solve any other cameo-related problems you might experience.
The App Solutions
Before you start blaming your device, make sure that the problem isn’t app-related. The first thing you should do if cameos aren’t showing up is to update your Snapchat app. Here are the direct download links for the App Store (iPhone and iPad) and the Google Play Store (Android phones and tablets).
Follow the links to download and install the update on your device.
Additionally, you can try clearing the Snapchat cache (data saved on your phone or tablet.) Here’s how:
- Launch Snapchat on your device.
- Select the Settings from the My Profile screen.
- Find and select the Clear Cache option.
- Choose to Continue on Android devices, or Clear All or iPhone and iPad.
For Android Devices
If the update doesn’t help, you can try uninstalling Snapchat from your Android device:
- Find Snapchat on the app menu and long-press it,
- Then, tap on App Info.
- Next, choose Uninstall and confirm.
- Use the Play Store link from the previous section to install the latest version of Snapchat again.
Are Snapchat Cameos showing up sometimes, but not other times? In this scenario, you should restart Snapchat. Force stop it if it doesn’t close normally:
- Long-press the Snapchat icon.
- Select App Info.
- Then choose Force Stop, and confirm.
For iOS Devices
You can force shut down Snapchat on iOS as well. Here are the instructions for the latest iOS devices:
- With Snapchat running on your device, go back to your home screen.
- Swipe up (from the bottom) to the middle part of your screen.
- Find Snapchat in the preview of the running app. Swipe up on it, and it should force stop.
If you’re on a slightly older iOS device, follow these steps instead:
- With Snapchat running in the background, open your home screen menu.
- Tap the Home button two times and see the preview of running apps.
- Find Snapchat, and swipe up to shut it down.
You can try reinstalling Snapchat on iOS too. Follow the steps do it:
- Start the Settings app.
- Choose the General tab.
- Then, select iPhone (or iPad) Storage.
- Next, locate Snapchat and press Delete App next to it.
- Confirm that you want to delete the app.
Then, you should download the latest version of Snapchat again using the appropriate link provided above.
The Device Solutions
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and none of them worked, the problem may be lying within your device. The first, and easiest device trick for any sort of app malfunction is to restart your device. You can use the restart or power off option.
The power-off method counts as a soft reset – if you turn it back on after a minute. The hard reset option would be a factory reset of your device. Only use that as a final resort, as you’ll lose all your data. Don’t reset your device before creating a backup or transferring important files over to a computer or a Cloud storage service (such as Google Drive).
Here’s how to hard reset an iOS device:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the General tab.
- Then, choose Reset.
- Next, tap on Reset All Settings.
- Enter your password if necessary.
- Confirm to reset everything to factory settings.
On Android devices, factory reset is different:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Open the System menu.
- Then, select the Advanced option.
- Next, select the Reset Options.
- Finally, select Erase All Data (Factory Reset). Scroll down and tap on Reset Phone (or Reset Tablet).
- Enter your PIN and confirm that you want everything to reset to default settings.
Make Snapchat Cameos Again
Hopefully, you’re able to use this feature again after following our advice. If you still can’t get cameos to show up in Snapchat, contact the official support team.
Do you have a favorite cameo? Have you tried co-starring in a cameo with your friends? Share your answers and related questions in the comments section below.