Stickers have become an inevitable part of Snapchat snaps. Snapchat has even added a feature where you can create your unique custom stickers. But what happens if you’ve added a sticker that you didn’t want? Don’t worry – you can remove it before posting your snap.
Did you know that you can also permanently delete all the custom stickers from your gallery? This article will explain how to simply remove stickers from your snap before you post it, and then we’ll cover how to delete the stickers that you’ve made yourself.
How to Remove a Sticker from a Snap?
If you want to post a snap, and you have accidentally added a sticker that you don’t want, you can remove it in a few simple steps. After you’ve added a sticker, you should:
- Tap and hold the sticker that you want to remove.
- On the right side of the Snapchat screen, a trash can icon should appear.
- Drag the unwanted sticker to the trash can.
- That sticker should disappear. If you had any other stickers, they will remain on the snap.
Keep in mind that this will only remove a sticker from the current snap, and not permanently. Your sticker will remain in the gallery, so you can use it at the right moment.
How to Permanently Remove a Created Sticker
There’s an interesting Snapchat feature that lets you create a unique sticker by cutting out a part of any image that you take. You can use it to make hilarious and wholly unique additions to your snaps.
But if you’re not happy with a sticker that you’ve made, you can erase it. It will not only disappear from the snap screen, but you can remove it from the gallery too.
How to Make Your Own Stickers
If you don’t know how to make your own stickers, read on. To add your own creations to the sticker gallery, you should:
- Open Snapchat from the app menu.
- Find something from your environment that you want to turn into a cool sticker.
- Take a snap of it.
- Tap the scissors icon on the right side of the screen once you’ve taken a snap.
- Draw an outline of your sticker on the image.
- The sticker will appear on the snap. Snapchat will also save it in your gallery.
You can find all of your own stickers in the sticker gallery by clicking the scissors icon.
How to Delete Your Own Stickers?
Deleting your own stickers is an easy task. Let’s say you didn’t like the outline of your sticker, or you cut out something that you didn’t want. If this happens, you can erase everything and try again. To do this, you should:
- Open Snapchat from the app menu.
- Take a snap of anything to gain access to the sticker menu.
- Tap on the sticker icon to the right of the screen.
- Select the scissors icon on the sticker menu.
- Tap and hold the sticker. A trash can icon will appear on the top right.
- Drag and drop the sticker to the trash can. This will permanently delete the sticker from your Snapchat.
Make sure that you don’t accidentally delete a sticker that you didn’t intend to. Once you do this, you will not be able to return it. You’ll have to create a new one. If this is not possible, you are going to lose that sticker forever.
Deleting Bitmoji Stickers
In addition to deleting custom stickers, you can also remove all bitmoji stickers. However, this requires you to disconnect your bitmoji account.
To do this, you should:
- Select your bitmoji profile on the top-left of the screen.
- Tap on your bitmoji profile picture.
- Choose ‘Edit Bitmoji’.
- Select ‘Unlink My Bitmoji’ option.
This will remove all the bitmoji stickers from your Snapchat. You cannot delete a single bitmoji, only the entire feature.
Can You Remove Built-In Stickers?
Unfortunately, you can’t remove stickers from the non-custom gallery. These stickers will remain in their sticker galleries until Snapchat replaces them with new ones.
But remember that Snapchat frequently changes stickers depending on what is trending at the moment. Even if some of the non-custom options annoy you, you probably won’t have to see them for long.
Make Your Own Sticker Collection
If you’re bored by the stickers at your disposal, why not add more to the gallery? You can enrich your snaps with anything that comes to mind, and there’s no limit on the number of stickers you can make.