How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat
Are you tired of getting bombarded by unwanted Snapchat typing notifications? If so, you’re not alone. A good number of Snapchat enthusiasts find tons of typing notifications quite annoying.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to turn off those pesky snapchat typing notifications on a range of devices.
How to Tell If Someone Is Typing on Snapchat
- How to Tell If Someone Is Typing on Snapchat
- How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat
- How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on iPhone
- How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on Android
- How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
- Additional FAQs
- Lock in a Smooth Snapping Experience
As soon as someone starts to write you a message, you’ll receive a notification on the app indicating that a new message is imminent. Some people find this totally unnecessary. But it can become even more annoying because the notification lingers even if the sender stops typing and doesn’t actually send you the message.
Snapchat is programmed in such a way that simply putting a space in the text field triggers a notification to the intended message receiver. But there lies the problem – because sometimes a user will tap the text field by mistake. That means you’ll receive a notification but you won’t actually won’t receive the message.
How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat
Now let’s look at the steps you can take to turn off notifications on Snapchat:
- Click on “Apps” on your Home screen.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Open the “Notifications” tab.
- Click on Snapchat.
- Select “Turn off Notifications.”
Note: These steps are not universal and may not work for all devices. For that reason, let’s look at more precise guidelines for turning off typing notifications on specific devices.
How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on iPhone
iPhones are one of the most app-friendly mobile devices on the market today, and that’s certainly true when it comes to Snapchat. If you own an iPhone, turning off typing notifications is as easy as it gets. Here’s how:
- Tap your avatar at the top.
- Tap the settings icon to open your phone’s settings section.
- Tap “Notifications.” Here, you’ll see a list of different types of notifications.
- Tap the toggle switch next to “Typing Notifications” to turn them off.
If you wish to turn on typing notifications, simply toggle switch again.
How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on Android
Turning off typing notifications on Android is straightforward. Here’s how:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap the “Settings” icon in the profile screen to access your phone’s settings.
- Tap “Notifications.” You should see a list of different types of notifications.
- Uncheck “Typing Notifications” to turn them off.
Although this should work with just about any Android phone, there are a few exceptions. In some devices, you may have to enable notification settings in your device’s settings before proceeding to manage them within the Snapchat app.
How to Turn Off Typing Notifications on Snapchat on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
One reason why Snapchat is hugely popular is due to the fact that there’s a Windows version that offers the same experience as iPhone and Android versions. To snap on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook, you have to download the Snapchat extension and add it to your browser. Chrome and Firefox are particularly compatible with Snapchat.
With the Snapchat browser extension, you can share your best moments with friends and family direct from your PC. But if you don’t want to be inundated with typing notifications, you can easily turn them off. Here are the steps:
- Open your browser.
- Open “Settings.” In most browsers, the “Settings” button is located in the top right corner. You may have to click the ellipsis (three small dots) to open settings.
- Click on “Privacy and Security.”
- Click on “Permissions.”
- Slide the toggle switch next to the Snapchat extension into the “Off” position.
Your changes should save automatically, paving the way for a notification-free Snapping experience.
How Do I Stop the Keyboard from Popping Up on Snapchat?
You can disable keyboard pop-ups directly in your device’s settings. Here’s how:
• Open the settings app.
• Tap “Additional Settings.”
• Select “Languages & Input.”
• Tap “Manage Keyboards.”
• On the resulting menu, tap “Preferences.”
• Tap the toggle switch next to “Pop-up on Keypress” into the “Off” position.
Is There a Way to Check Why the Typing Notification Is Still Active?
No. As the time of writing, there’s no way to find out why the typing notification is still active, even after waiting for minutes or hours. It could be that the sender is typing a really long message, but you can only find out whether that’s the case by messaging them.
How Do I Turn Off Group Notifications on Snapchat?
It’s pretty simple:
• Open your Snapchat app.
• Open the Chat Screen.
• Tap and hold the group chat you’d like to mute.
• Tap “More.”.
• Select “Message Notifications.”
• Tap “Silent.”
Lock in a Smooth Snapping Experience
Snapchat is one of the best apps for anyone looking to share special moments and keep in touch with family and friends. And although typing notifications can be a good way to anticipate and respond to an incoming message, they can often be disruptive and annoying. But with the guidelines we’ve just presented, you can lock in a less disruptive Snapchat experience. You now know just what you need to do to turn off typing notifications.
Do you find typing notifications too much to bear? How about other types of notifications? Let us know in the comments section below.