How To Add Your Own Music to a Tik Tok Video
TikTok is the most popular app for creating some of the most fun and exciting videos on the internet. You can express how you feel by using one of many different effects, but did you know that you can also add your favorite music to your video? This article will show you how to do that, as well as some other cool things to make your video unique.
How do you Add Music to TikTok Videos?
Adding your music to a TikTok video is very easy, and you can learn how to do it in no time. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Click on the Upload button to add the video you want to use.
- Tap the Select Sound option, and you will see the Sound page. You can find all the available sounds and songs that TikTok has to offer.
- Look for the option that says, My Sound. It is at the top right corner of the Sound page.
- Tap it, and you will see all the songs you have stored on your phone. Select the song you want to add to your video.
- Select the Record button to start filming the video. Finish filming, then add the effects and filters you want. You can also slow down or speed up the video.
Before we talk about making your video shine, let’s talk about how you can add your own music to TikTok, just in case you don’t like the music already on the platform.
How do I Upload Music to TikTok?
The following steps show you how to upload music to TikTok; we assume that you’ve already recorded your video. Make sure that all of your settings are in place before doing this step, because your video may not come out right otherwise.
- Record video, then save it to TikTok.
- Upload your MP3 and get it ready on your device.
- Select the plus icon on the main window of the app.
- Select the video option from your account and select the video you just uploaded to the app.
- You’ll now see a black window split into two screens. The top screen will show your video, while the bottom screen will show your timeline. This is the editing interface you’ll be working with for every video.
- Click the mute button to silence the video – this makes it easier to edit.
- Click the back option.
- Select the audio option you wish to use.
- Select the soundtrack you want for the video.
- Click ton the three-dot option (…) and then click on the plus (+) option. Now you’ll see the window with the sound wave and the track you uploaded to your TikTok.
- Adjust your audio as you see fit.
You have to put in a lot of work into each video if you want to become famous on TikTok. It will take some time before you master all the effects and features you might need to record the perfect video. That means that you have to add the right music to cancel background noises and make the video fun to watch. We have a few more ideas on how to make the music in your video just right.
Fine-Tune the Background Music
You have to add the right track to your video to make it stand out and get rid of annoying background noises. You can post a video without a track, but it’s highly unlikely that it will draw much attention. Put some effort in, and it will come back to you.
Getting rid of background noises is super-easy because TikTok comes with a built-in feature for that. You can either lower the noises or mute them entirely. Tap on the Mixer icon. Drag the “Original Sound” slider all the way to the left. Replace the original sound with your Soundtrack and drag the slider to the right.
Trim the Song to Make It Fit
Sometimes you might need a specific part of a song to add to your TikTok video. If the said part is in the middle of the song, you’ll have to find it and cut it out. Trimming audio files can help you make a bigger impact on your viewers, and here is how you do that.
- Go to the Add Sound page and select the “Trim” icon, right next to the “Mixer” icon.
- Drag the Trim icon to the start point and adjust the length of the audio clip. The part of the track you wanted will show up in blue. Hit “Done” when you trim the song.
Add Trendy Music to Your Videos
You can add popular music to your video right from the app because TikTok has a unique option called Trending within the Music tab. Click on it, and you will see the entire collection of popular songs you can use for your video. You can save all popular songs to My Favorites and use them in future videos.
Discover New Music
Sure, using songs you know in your videos is a good starting point, but TikTok can help you find new music you may like. The Discover tab can guide you to completely new genres and artists you didn’t even know existed. You can find the tab by tapping Add a sound and then tapping the Discover a Sound button.
Borrow the Music from Someone Else
TikTok makes it possible to add other people’s music to your video with a few taps. You can add any audio to your new video by tapping on the Album art at the bottom right corner. You will see all users that used that particular track in their videos. Hit the Record button and make the video you want. Save it and add extra effects using video editing apps, to make it stand out.
Master TikTok in No Time
TikTok is one of those apps that allow you to express your creativity without limits. You can use many effects and features to come up with some cool lip sync videos, or you can add dramatic music to complete the scene. With a little practice, you might become the next TikTok star.