How To Change Hat Color in Bitmoji
Bitmoji is the online generation’s favorite way of expressing themselves. Since the app’s release, users have been creating digital representations of themselves from looks down to their clothing style.
The animated art style is nothing short of timeless. You can customize a Bitmoji’s skin color, hair, tone, accessories, body type expression, and more. The level of depth is consistently changing with new updates.
However, some users want to customize even more, such as their Bitmoji’s hat color. I mean, you can change your hair color, so why not be able to change your hat color?
Bitmoji Hat Colors
Ok, so you can’t alter the pre-loaded hat colors on Bitmoji. The selection itself is incredibly broad meaning you will likely find a hat color that meets your needs and wants. From bandanas to baseball hats and cowboy hats there’s an option in most colors already available to choose from.
If you’re not familiar with Bitmoji or how to customize your avatar, let’s review a few things first. We’ll go over changing your hats, headdresses, and more to keep your cartoon character version as unique as you are.
When choosing your Bitmoji, you’ll have three main options to choose from.
- Bitmoji Deluxe – This avatar style offers the most comprehensive supply of customization options to have in the application. Don’t worry, the term ‘deluxe’ doesn’t mean you have to pay for anything, like the other two options it’s free to use and available from the app.
- Classic Bitmoji – If you’re one for nostalgia or you enjoyed the appearance of your older avatars you can switch to the classic version. Unfortunately, a lot of your choices are limited under this feature.
- Bitstrips – The Bitstrips option has more options than the classic version but less than deluxe.
As you can see in the image above, each version has a unique look to its avatar. To switch between versions follow these steps:
- Open the Bitmoji app
- Tap on the settings cog in the upper right-hand corner
- Select ‘Change Avatar Styles’
- Tap ‘Use This Style’ under the option you prefer
Once you’ve done this you can begin customizing. If you’d like to change hat colors you have more options with the Deluxe feature so we’ll use that one.
Making the Change
Now that we have the most options available to change your hat color we’ll walk through selecting the perfect headgear for your avatar. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Bitmoji app and tap ‘Avatar’ at the bottom of the screen
- Use the bottom bar to scroll to the picture of a hat
- Tap the color and style that best suits your personality
- Tap ‘Save’ in the upper right-hand corner
Your new Bitmoji design will appear in Snapchat’s Snap Maps and any other places you’d like to display it.
How To Change My Bitmoji Hair Color
If you’d like to update your hair color to go with your hat you can! Using the same process we used above, use the slider bar to access your hair color options. You can choose nearly any color you’d like. Deluxe offers an additional 100 options called ‘Hair Treatments’. This includes Balayage and Ombre hair colors.
All you need to do is swipe to the hair treatment options and choose your style and click save. If you’d like other colors just slide over to the hair color options and do the same thing.
Understanding the Bitmoji
When Bitmoji first released, it wasn’t nearly as customizable as it is now. The app was purchased by Snapchat, who purchased Bitstrips, the company that created Bitmoji, back in 2016 for $64 million dollars.
Now, Bitmoji are tied directly into Snapchat and iMessage for users to send to their friends. With these, users can send how they’re feeling, have their Bitmojis interact, and more. It’s quite a fascinating innovation in the realm of digital social interaction, and this is only going to change even more.
Bitmoji really is at the forefront of digital customization, too. Bitmoji users have hundreds of customization options so there’s one for every person, preference, season, and even day if you’re really into it.
There are a few different art styles as well, such as Bitmoji Deluxe or Bitmoji classic. You can choose between any of the three, which makes it easier for your changes to apply.
Take Your Bitmoji Everywhere You Go
Ok, so Bitmoji is really neat in Snapchat’s Snap Maps. You can show yourself on the map drinking coffee, sleeping at your computer desk, and in all sorts of poses and activities.
Did you know that you can use your avatar in other applications as well? Create an avatar and send it to friends in text messages using both iMessage and SMS texts on Android. Whether you’re using an Android or an iPhone head over to settings.
- Tap on General
- Tap Keyboard
- Tap Keyboards and the Add New Keyboard
- Tap Bitmoji
- Tap ‘General Management’
- Tap ‘Language & Input’
- Tap ‘Manage Keyboards’
- Toggle the ‘Bitmoji’ option on
- Click ‘Ok’ on the pop-ups
If you’re using Slack to communicate with groups and co-workers you can add Bitmoji to the platform and showcase your cartoon doppelganger.
- Select ‘Add Apps & Bots’ to the conversation where you’ll put your avatar
- Use the search bar and type ‘Bitmoji’
- Click to install
- Once reverted to the webpage click ‘Add to Slack’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your avatar
Pulling From Reality
Even crazier is the ability for Bitmoji to take a selfie of you and convert it into a Bitmoji of yourself. From there, you can refine and customize the avatar, even more, to make it look like a spitting image of yourself.
That said, the capabilities here are not perfect. It won’t just build a face for you. Instead, the application provides an excellent framework for you to work with and you can go from there.
However, the customization options will be coming even faster in the future. The Bitmoji Deluxe version of these avatars was created with the future in mind. With this, the developers have a simple framework to implement changes as they prefer. With this, Bitmoji’s can be more unique than ever before.