How to View Matches for Free on Bumble
You probably just started using Bumble to get some online dating done. You’ve done some swiping, and now you want to check out who your matches are. If you can’t find your matches, you came to the right place. You will find out how to access your matches on Bumble, and how to improve your chances of getting more matches.
How to Access Your Matches
Bumble uses something called the freemium model. This means that you can use the app for free but if you want additional perks you will have to subscribe. Luckily, accessing your matches doesn’t require you to subscribe to anything. To access your matches:
- Launch the Bumble App.
- Open the Connections tab. It’s the beehive icon that’s located in the top right corner of the app.
In the Connections tab you will see two things:
- Expiring Connections – These are the people you have matched with. If you are using the free version of the app, these matches have a 24-hour time limit. If a conversation doesn’t begin before it expires, you will become unmatched.
- Conversations – You will also see the conversations you’ve had with your matches. On Bumble, a man can’t start messaging a woman. The woman has to make the first move.
If you are certain you have matched with someone, but you can’t see it in the Connections tab, you should try re-launching the app. To do this:
- Exit the app.
- Remove the app from the active apps section.
- Tap on the Bumble icon on your Home screen to launch it again. Check the Connections tab.
If the connections tab still doesn’t show the people you have matched with, try re-installing Bumble. To re-install:
- Exit the app.
- Tap and hold the Bumble Icon on your Home screen.
- Move it to the Trash Bin that appears at the top of the screen. Alternatively, tap the Delete button.
- Go to the AppStore or Google Play store.
- Download and Install Bumble again.
- Open Bumble.
- Check the Connections tab.
How to Get More Matches
If you are not satisfied with the amount of matches you’re getting, there are steps you can take to increase your chances of matching with people. Here are some tips on how to get more matches.
Improve Your Photos
Good photos are crucial on dating apps since people tend to decide who to match with based on the photos. To look more attractive and stand out from the rest, do the following:
- Photos that make you look active –
Selfies are not the way to go on dating apps. People want to see some personality as well. Put some photos where you interact with other people, enjoy your favorite hobby, stand in front of an interesting landmark, and so on.
- A pic with your dog – A photo of you holding a dog will instantly make you more attractive and approachable. It doesn’t even have to be your dog. Just ask a friend to take a picture with his cute puppy, and the matches will start rolling in.
- No alcohol – It just doesn’t look good on a dating photo, so you should avoid this.
Try Being Selective
There is a common misunderstanding on dating apps, that only swiping right will get you more matches.
If you become more selective with who you swipe right on you will get more matches. This happens because the Bumble algorithm flags profiles that constantly swipe right. So, take your time and think about who you actually want to match with.
Write a Great Bio
Good photos in combination with an engaging bio will result in even more matches.
Try to write something eye-catching, funny, or interesting. You can get inspiration from so many dating site bios. Just experiment with different approaches and see what works for you.
It Takes Time
If you have only just begun using Bumble, it will take time to hone your profile. But, when you nail it, the matches will just keep rolling in.
Is your Bumble game spot-on? Are you satisfied with the number of matches you get? Tell your story in the comments section below.