How to Change Your Eye Color in TikTok Videos
With over 1.5 billion downloads worldwide, TikTok is definitely one of the most popular apps ever. And that’s why it’s important to keep the app fresh all the time. Thanks to the huge line up of effects, creating fun videos has never been easier or more fun.
Adding effects and filters to your videos allows them to stand out from the rest of the crowd. If you want to make yourself look a bit out of the ordinary, you can consider changing your eye color. Of course, TikTok allows you to do that from the comfort of your home.
Changing Your Eye Color
It’s time to experiment and see what you’d look like with eyes of another color. Luckily, TikTok makes this super easy.
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Tap the “Plus” icon at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
- Tap the bottom left icon to choose the effects.
- Tap the “Hot” tab.
- Swipe down until you find a smiley with giant blue eyes. Tap it.
Your eyes should now automatically turn light blue. If you want to change the color of your eyes even further, simply shake your phone and that’s it. You’ll notice that the color changes from light blue to purple and then green, yellow, and finally almost entirely clear.
If you want to turn your eyes completely black, you can do that as well. Just a fair warning before you do it, as the result can be quite spooky. But maybe that’s what you’re trying to achieve, in which case scroll through the “Funny” tab until you find a smiley with pitch black eyes. Tap it and witness the change!
The Beautifying Effect
Thanks to some advanced Augmented Reality features, TikTok even allows you to completely change how you look. And that’s in real-time as you’re recording your video. Awesome!
To access these effects, open your TikTok app and tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. Notice the icons on the edge of the screen to the right. Tap “Beautify.”
This will open up a world of possibilities regarding what you can do with your face. With so many options to choose from, it’s best to go through them one by one.
- Smooth – This allows you to smooth out your skin, making you look younger. Use the slider to de-age yourself in a second.
- Contrast – This effect plays with the color balance of your skin and hair color. For example, if you crank it all the way up, the darker tones become really dark.
- Tooth – Use this to whiten your teeth a bit. Or a lot.
- Foundation – Looking a bit pale? No problem, use this option to add a touch of color to your skin tone.
- Brighten Eyes – This one affects the whites of your eyes. Adjust if necessary.
- Shape – Change the shape of your jawline in terms of width. You can go in either direction – wide or narrow.
- Nose – Not satisfied with the shape of your nose? That’s alright, you’re not alone. Use this effect to virtually sort it out.
- Eyes – This will adjust the size of your eyes. If you go to the extreme, your eyes will definitely pop out with anybody.
- Contour – Make those eyelashes tell their story.
- Lipstick – Add some lipstick and don’t forget the color.
Once you apply all these effects, you might not even recognize yourself anymore. So, be careful and don’t overdo it, as moderation is the key here. And most importantly, have fun!
Color Me Pretty
Thanks to TikTok’s numerous effects, creating a fan video is really a piece of cake. With the eye filter, you can finally see your eyes in a different color. And when you’re done with this effect, there’s a bunch of others to choose from.
What do you think of TikTok’s eye color effect? Which color suits you best? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.