Can You Delete a Single Instagram Photo from a Post with Multiple Images
A “Carousel Post” on Instagram is one that consists of multiple images that viewers are able to scroll through to see each photo.
This is a great way to share a collection of pictures in a single post, but what if you decide you want to delete one of the photos from the gallery?
Let’s take a look at whether or not you can remove a single photo from a carousel post, as well as a few other tips for editing and removing Instagram posts.
Can You Delete a Single Photo from a Carousel Post on Instagram?
- Can You Delete a Single Photo from a Carousel Post on Instagram?
- How to Edit Multiple Photos on Instagram After Posting?
- Share the Right Photos the First Time
- Delete a Single Instagram Image
- Delete multiple Instagram images
- Delete an Instagram Carousel Post
- Hide Instagram Images Instead of Deleting Them
- Final Thoughts
If you accidentally include a picture you don’t like in your carousel post or decide later that you want to remove a single picture from the post, you probably don’t want to have to remove the whole post and redo it.
Unfortunately, once you click the “share” button there isn’t a way to remove a single image. The only way to delete an image or video from a carousel post is to delete the whole post.
Hopefully, Instagram will eventually introduce this feature, but until then, you’ll have to be mindful about which pictures you include in your multi-image posts.
How to Edit Multiple Photos on Instagram After Posting?
So you can’t delete a single image from a carousel post, but can you edit one?
Clicking on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the post will allow you to make some minor edits to your carousel post. This function will not allow you to remove photos, add photos, or change filters, though.
Instead, it simply allows you to tag people, change the text, or change the location.
If you want to actually edit the picture itself, you’ll have to redo the post entirely.
As there is no way to make substantial edits or add/delete photos after hitting the “Share” button, it’s important to get the post right the first time. Creating the perfect carousel post means understanding Instagram’s limitations and how to post.
- Click the “+” icon in the bottom center to create a new Instagram post.
- Select the “Select Multiple” icon at the bottom of the page.
- Select up to ten images or videos. The order you select them in is the order in which they will appear.
- Select “Next.”
- You can apply filters to all the images you selected, or individually select the images for editing and filtering with the “Edit” button.
- When you’re finished making changes, select “Next.”
- Finally, you can add a caption, tag people, add your location, or set additional posting options, and make any settings changes you wish. After that, just select “Share.”
Scroll through the photos before clicking “Next” at the top right-hand corner of the app. This will ensure no major edits are needed later on.
Delete a Single Instagram Image
Getting rid of a single image post on Instagram is very straightforward.
- Open Instagram and tap the small profile icon on the lower right-hand corner
- Scroll down your feed to the image post you want to delete.
- Select the three-dot menu icon in the top right.
- Select “Delete.”
Delete multiple Instagram images
For those who want to delete multiple images at once, you’ll have to search outside of the Instagram app for a solution. There are third-party applications, such as Cleaner for Instagram, that allow users to mass delete images and posts.
Third-party apps vary depending on what you are trying to accomplish, be sure to read the reviews before downloading.
Cleaner for Instagram
Cleaner for Instagram is an Android app (there is also an iOS version) that provides a wide variety of useful features, including mass unfollowing, mass blocking and unblocking, and mass deleting posts. The app is free for the first 50 mass actions you take but charges a fee for more.
If you feel it’s easier to delete your Instagram account follow the link.
Delete an Instagram Carousel Post
For those who want to delete an Instagram post with multiple images, the process is just the same as it is for Instagram posts with a single image.
- Open the post containing the images you want to delete.
- Select the three-dot menu icon in the top right of the screen.
- Select “Delete” and confirm.
This will delete the entire Instagram post, including the image(s) you wanted to get rid of to begin with. You can now create a new carousel post using the photos you wanted to keep so your followers don’t miss out on anything important.
Hide Instagram Images Instead of Deleting Them
The Instagram archive function is a very effective way to hide your old images without having to delete them. If they are the only copies of the images you have and you don’t want to lose them, this is a way of keeping them without leaving them on display.
- Select the post you want to archive.
- Select the three-dot menu icon in the top right.
- Select “Archive.” This will instantly remove the image/images from your profile.
- Go back to your Instagram profile.
- Select the three-lines menu in the top right corner.
Adding Archived Photos Back
- Select “Archive” from the list of options
- From there, you’ll either see all of your Instagram stories or all of your archived Instagram posts.
- If you see your stories instead of your archived posts, tap the word “Archive” at the top of the screen and choose “Posts” from the drop-down menu.
- To restore an archived post to your Instagram profile, select it in the Archive, select the three-dot menu in the top right of the post, and choose “Show on Profile.”
There have been a few reports that archives disappear if you temporarily shut down your Instagram account. Although rare, it’s important to be aware of this when archiving posts.
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to delete a single picture from a carousel post on Instagram. While Instagram will hopefully introduce this feature in the near future, but you’ll have to settle for deleting and redoing the entire post until then.