How To Delete a Snap from Your Snapchat Story
Every Snapchat user has his or her quirks. Yours might be a little more colorful than most. You like to recreate famous movie scenes with stuffed animals and snap them to your best friend, the only person who appreciates this side of your personality. You’ve just finished snapping a photo of a stuffed giraffe lounging on your couch like Rose from Titanic. You’re poised over a sketchpad in the foreground. Amy is going to love this you think as you send the snap.
You accidentally posted that avante garde bit of art to all of your Snapchat friends via the Snapchat Story. It’s an easy mistake. Smartphones are sensitive and make us all prone to fat fingering. Of course, knowing that does little to remove the embarrassment. After all, your crush is on your friend’s list and you haven’t told him about your fluffy little habit.
How to Delete a Snap from your Story
Never fear. Snapchat was built on the promise that you would never have to suffer any embarrassment for long. They’ve made it easy to delete a snap from your story. Just make sure you act before sometimes stumbles upon it.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Go to the Snap Stories screen by swipping right from the Snapchat camera.
- Scroll to the top and tap My Story.
- Tap the Options icon.
- Tap on the snap you want to delete.
- Swipe up.
- Tap the Trash icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Tap Delete.
Now you just have to hope that nobody saw it before you deleted the evidence.
Did Anyone See?
Worried that your crush spotted the snap despite your painstaking efforts to remove it from the face of the earth? Don’t let that anxiety eat you up. There’s an easy way to tell if anyone saw the snap and even how long they spent gawking at your animal masterpiece. Of course, be sure to check BEFORE you delete the snap or the data will go with it.
Start be returning to your Snapchat Story. When you’re looking at your snaps, look a little more closely.
- Purple eye – Do you see a purple eye with a number next to it? That’s how many people have viewed this particular snap within the story.
- Two green arrows – If you see this, then someone has taken a screenshot of this snap. Sorry. It looks like you’ve been immortalized.
- Greyed usernames – Look below the snap to find a list of usernames. These are the friends that viewed this snap. You should be able to see how long each of them viewed the story down to the minute.
Don’t see that crush’s name? Congratulations, you’re just in time.
Delete Your Snapchat Story
Sometimes mistakes don’t just involve one snap. Sometimes they involve several. Unfortunately, Snapchat does not provide a way to delete your entire Snap Story with a single click. You can delete it though…one snap at a time. If that sounds too daunting, don’t worry. Those snaps will be automatically deleted after 24 hours.