How to Get the Harry Potter Filter on Instagram
Harry Potter fans rejoice! The new HP filters on Instagram are all the rage now. If you’re a fan of the Harry Potter universe, then you’ve probably been craving a filter just like this.
In fact, there are two HP filters. One is like the sorting hat from Harry Potter, which tells you which wizarding house you belong to. The other is a simple HP character matcher for the HP universe. Read on to find out how to get these great filters.
HP Filters on IG
The Harry Potter filters that keep popping up on Instagram these days are a creation of Arno Partissimo, a talented filter creator and photographer. Interestingly enough, he’s also the creator of the Disney filter. Both these filters became viral and brought Arno the clout he deserves.
The person behind the other popular Instagram filter is Julia Roga, another filter creator, who’s also very popular on this social platform. Unlike the sorting hat type of filter from Mr. Arno, her filter is a classic “which character are you” type of filter.
You can be one of many beloved characters using this filter, including Harry himself, the giant with a golden heart, Hagrid, quirky Luna Lovegood, or everyone’s favorite elf, Dobby, and many others.
How to Get Them
You’ve probably seen some of these filters on your friend’s profiles recently. To be precise, you’ve maybe seen stories of your friends featuring the HP filters themselves. You can actually pick up the filters this way, and it’s the easiest method. Follow the steps to get them from your friends:
- Log into your IG account. Preferably use the latest version of the mobile app for Android or iOS instead of the browser version of Instagram which is very limited.
- Find a friend that shared the Harry Potter filter in their story.
- Select the filter for the story (its name should be at the top of the window when you are looking at the story). Just tap on it, it will say Harry Potter on Julia’s filter, and Which Wizard House on Arno’s filter.
- When you select the filter, you’ll have the ability to test it immediately, send it to friends, or save it.
- Tap on Save Effect and the filter will be added to your Instagram story filters (it should be marked as Saved below the filter).
- The next time you begin to create a story on IG, you’ll be able to use the selected HP filter. Enjoy!
There are two other ways of getting these cool Harry Potter filters. One of the ways is to ask your friends to send you the filter on Instagram. You guessed it, they need to select the Send To option from the menu described above and select your IG profile. After they do that, here’s what you need to do:
- You should see the message they sent you, alongside the filter, in your direct messages. Open the chat with your friend.
- Tap on the Filter photo.
- Choose Save and it will be automatically added to your story filters.
- Again, you can tap on Try It to see how the filter looks like without saving.
Get the Filters from Arno and Julia
The other alternative way of getting these great filters is by taking them from official IG accounts of their creators. This is also rather simple, just follow these steps:
- Log into Instagram.
- Look for Arno Partissimo or Julia Roga on Instagram by using the search feature.
- Give Arno or Julia a follow. Then you will see their filters, and the Harry Potter filters should be there.
- Tap the filter you like and select the Save option to keep it in your story filters selection.
Which HP Character Are You?
That’s it, everyone! Hope you enjoyed the read and had no trouble getting these amazing Harry Potter filters on IG. The last method is actually the most reliable because you can do it on your own, without the help of your friends.
What’s your wizarding house? Hopefully, it’s not Slytherin (who am I kidding? Slytherin is the coolest one in my book). What about the character filter? Who’s your favorite HP character? Feel free to join the Harry Potter discussion in the comments section below.