How to Make Text Move on Instragram Stories
There are few people today who have never posted a single story to their Instagram account.
This feature became popular almost instantly and today it’s used by influencers, artists, businesses, and of course, us mortals as well. Instagram stories are interesting and dynamic, far more authentic than photoshoped posts on your feed, and they allow you to use your imagination to the max! Not to mention that other social media networks followed suit, introducing this option not so long ago.
How can you make your stories awesome? Have you tried making text move?
Can I Make Quotes and Tags Move?
Plain text is so last year. We try to make stories more innovative every day, so new fonts, sparkly letters, and moving text is the way to go.
There’s no option to make your text move within the app itself. You can make your writing pink or blue, change size, use different fonts, move the text around on your screen, but you can’t really make quotes and tags move on their own once you post the story.
However, there are ways to do this. The simplest one includes some of the cool apps available on Google Play Store and App Store. Our top suggestions are definitely Adobe Spark Post and Hype Text.
Adobe Spark Post
Adobe Spark Post is certainly one of the greatest designing apps, given the number of features you can use. With this app, you can create spectacular videos and upload them to your Instagram story. We guarantee you won’t go unnoticed. Here’s how to do it:
- When you launch the app on your phone, you can choose a photo from the free gallery or upload one from your device.
- Next, you choose which social media platform you want to create the post on. Tap on Instagram Story and the photo will be adjusted to make a perfect fit for a story.
- A menu will upper in the lower part of your screen, below the photo ready for editing.
- Tap on Animation to open different text options. Swipe to see everything the app offers and choose what you like best!
- The text on the photo says Double-tap to edit text – you know what to do to add your favorite quote or message for your friends or customers.
- You can also edit, delete or duplicate this text, choose different fonts, shapes, alignment, opacity, etc.
This is another excellent choice for creative story makers. Hype Text has a bunch of awesome effects you can add to your text and make it move on your screen. This will make your Instagram stories stand out from the crowd. Follow these steps:
- Open the app on your device and choose a photo from your gallery you want to turn into an animated story. When you open the picture, you’ll see different options at the top of your screen – you can choose if you want to make a story or a post for your feed.
- Keep it on Story and tap the right arrow to move on.
- On the next screen, double-tap the text to edit it and enter what you’d like to put in your story. You can even choose a motivational quote from the menu on the left. Is that cool or what?
- At the bottom you’ll see a menu where you can pick different effects, add text, and more.
- Tap on the first icon to try out some fonts and effects, on the second to adjust the style and pick the right colors for your text, as well as the way you want it to appear on the screen. You have plenty to choose from so have fun!
More Ideas on How to Make Your Stories Fun
There’s still a way to make your text move in Instagram stories without using third-party apps. It’s worth mentioning because sometimes it does look cool.
However, you don’t have many options here, at least not as many as the apps mentioned above offer. The text will only move along with the part of the video it’s pinned to, and only if it’s in the form of a tag, mention, or GIF. How?
Just do the following:
- Tap on the sticker icon at the top of the screen where you’re creating your story.
- Choose what you want to pin. It can be a location, a tag, a poll, a GIF – anything.
- Tap it and hold until you see Pin option at the bottom of the screen.
- Place the item where you want it and tap Pin when you’re all set.
Instagram Stories Are Vital for Good Engagement
According to research, around 500 million people worldwide use and watch stories on a daily basis. After reading this, no one could ever say Instagram stories aren’t important!
Whether you’re managing your own private profile or a business one, Instagram stories are there to boost the engagement on your page. For that reason, you shouldn’t regret spending hours on creating awesome stories for your profile!
How many stories a day do you post to your Instagram account? Let us know in the comments section below!