How to Remove Ads from Kik
After a turbulent year, Kik’s platform shifted its focus from texting to its cryptocurrency and its integration on the platform. Another novelty was the introduction of ads, which is something that didn’t sit well with Kik’s loyal users. Many of them wonder how to remove ads from Kik. If you’re among them, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll explain how to remove ads from your Kik account. Plus, we’ll mention a few of its latest updates and features.
If you see ads on your Kik app, that means that you’re using it with its latest update. Some users find this change frustrating, while others embrace it as a way for the app to monetize its potential. If you belong to the first group of users, we suggest trying one of these ad blockers to enjoy an ad-free chat screen:
- Block This
- Adblock Plus
Social Media Integration
Kik made cross-platform communication incredibly simple. You can use it to invite your best friends or classmates through Facebook, Twitter, or SMS. As soon as your friends sign in, you’ll be notified, and Kik will ask you to link your accounts.
If you’re in interesting public groups, you can also send invite codes to people who don’t have Kik, and they’ll get a chance to make an account and start using Kik within minutes.
Kik’s Unique Codes
One of the fantastic tools that Kik offers to its users is a unique-looking Kik Code. Codes are powerful promotional tools used to help users in a variety of situations. Bots connected to Kik Codes can help users learn more about products, have a bot wait for them in a line, or get useful reminders. That’s why they’re so helpful, especially for big events or brand promotions.
Kik Codes and Groups
Every group on Kik has its own unique code that works better as an invite than any link does. Once you send it to someone, or they scan it from your phone, they’ll get connected and start texting and connecting to other members.
Here’s how to scan it:
- Open the Kik app and tap on the “+” sign.
- Tap on “Kik to Code to Scan.”
- Open your phone’s camera to scan the code.
If you want to share your group’s code, this is what you need to do:
- Open your Kik app and tap on the group chat.
- When you’re in the group, click on the group name.
- Click on “Show Kik Code.”
- You’ll see a “Share” icon on the upper right corner.
- Share the code to one of your contacts or someone outside Kik.
What Is Kin Marketplace
Kin is a cryptocurrency created to make sure that brands are compensated for their services. If you’re an active Kik user, you have possibly noticed how you can easily earn Kin through quizzes and different polls on the platform. Later, you can use your Kin in the Marketplace to buy additional features.
Here’s how you can access Kin Marketplace if you have Android:
- When you open your Kik app, click on the “+” menu, and select “Kin Marketplace Beta.”
- Check your Kin balance, and it’s the transactional state.
- If you don’t have enough Kin for a transaction, you can find many ways to earn them through tutorials and quizzes.
- Once you have enough Kin, you can make your purchase.
Buying Chat Themes
One of the new features, now available to everyone using Kik, are chat themes. These make your chats look stunning, and you can buy them using previously earned Kin. Here’s how to buy a new chat theme from Kin Marketplace:
- Open your Kik app and click on the “+” menu.
- Go to “Kin Marketplace Beta.”
- Find the “Spend” option and choose “Chat Themes.”
- Select one of the themes available to you, according to how much Kin you have.
- Click on “Buy” and “Confirm Purchase.”
Setting Chat Themes
When you buy a new chat theme, you’ll probably want to install it immediately. Here’s how you can set it up on your Android or iOS phone:
- Find a chat where you want to use your new theme.
- Click on the users or group name.
- Click on “Change Chat Theme.”
- Look for the theme you want to use in the selected chat.
- Once you’ve decided on the theme, click “Set Theme.”
In case you can’t see the new theme, exit the app, and when you sign in next time, you’ll be able to see your new chat theme immediately.
It’s Always Exciting with Kik
Kik was created to make communication between friends and family more enjoyable. Every Kik user and group have their own code to enable fast communication and sharing. You can even decide to print some of the codes and stick them around your city to advertise and attract more people to your group or a project.
Now that you know more about ads on Kik and Kik Codes, you can use them for a good cause.
What’s your favorite Kik feature? How would you use Kik Codes? Would you make code stickers?
Let us know in the comments section below.