80 Lake Captions for your Weekend in the Water – June 2019
As summer kicks off, it’s time for that first weekend trip up to the lake. Gather your friends, your camping gear, your fishing pole, and most of all your camera. After all, what’s a lake weekend without some captured memories?
Whether you’re packing your bags for a lengthy getaway or just skipping by for a sun-soaked afternoon, you’ll want to think up some ideal captions to commemorate your summer and make your friends and followers jealous. We’ve offered a few places to start.
At the Lake
For your basic photos of the lake to your scenic sunset shots, you’ll need some basic lake captions to get started on Instagram. Just chilling by a lake is one of life’s greatest pleasures, so if you haven’t yet, take a moment to capture you and your friends by the waterfront, then look for these captions for guidance.
- Lake hair. Don’t care.
- Lake breeze puts me at ease.
- I love to wake at the lake.
- I’m a fish in water.
- Good times and tan lines.
- Life is better at the lake.
- Just keep paddling!
- Nature’s poolside.
- Floatin’ along!
- Splish. Splash.
- There’s nothing quite like life by the water.
- Another day, another dip.
- My music is the breeze.
- This is living.
- Life by the lake is better with friends in tow.
- Choose serenity.
- Lake is the life.
- Go jump in the lake.
- I’m on lake time.
- Welcome to the lake house.
- Beer tastes better at the lake.
- It’s lake o’clock somewhere.
- Stay fresh!
- Reckless diving.
- You dive me crazy.
Sitting by the lake is great, but what happens when you want to get out there and experience it first-hand? If you’re lucky enough to have access to a boat, the lake opens up in a whole new way. Here’s our favorite captions for boat owners.
- Whatever floats your boat.
- I like big boats and I cannot lie.
- Yachts of fun!
- It’s a-boat time we got to the lake.
- Floatin’ along.
- You bring the boat, and I’ll bring the bubbles.
- Full steam ahead.
- Keep calm and boat on.
- Row, row, row my boat.
- Come aboard.
- Bobbing along.
- Ship shape.
- Decks, docks, and flip flops.
- Leaving worries in our wake.
Once you’re out on the boat, you’ll want to spend some time fishing to see what you can catch. Whether in the middle of the lake or sitting on a dock, these are our favorite fishing quotes and captions.
- Good things come to those who bait.
- It’s a fishing thing.
- Born to fish.
- Going fishing.
- Fish tremble before me.
- Looking for the catch of the day.
- Good catch!
- I’m hooked!
- This floats my boat.
- At the lake and keeping it reel.
- I’m a catch!
- I’m hooked!
The only thing that makes a trip to the lake better is making it last even longer. Whether you’ve pitched a tent by the beach or you’re crashing in a cabin or cottage, these are our favorite camping quotes for Instagram.
- Bear with me.
- Call of the wild!
- Another day, another adventure.
- The early bird catches the sunrise.
- Take the scenic route.
- The forest is calling.
- Keeping it natural.
- Over the moon and under the leaves.
- Happy camper.
- Into the woods!
- Sleep under the stars and swim under the sun.
We all know the best part of camping is a night spend around a fire. Here’s our favorite campfire quotes for hanging out beneath the stars.
- Life is s’more fun with you.
- Smell like a campfire.
- S’more for me!
- The best friends are around a campfire.
- Be my campfire friend.
- Tell good ghost stories. Make great friends.
- This trip is on fire.
- Mallow out.
- Making nature cozy.
Finally, whether from an author, a singer-songwriter, or just a celebrity in life, adding a quote to your Instagram post can be a great way to sum up your day at the lake. Here’s a few of our favorites.
- “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I’m gonna soak up the sun.” – Sheryl Crow
- “Some days they last longer than others, but this day by the lake went too fast.” – Rilo Kiley
- “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Make your heart like a lake, with a calm, still surface, and great depths of kindness.” – Lao Tzu
- “I grew up with the smell of the lake and the feeling of the woods.” – Steven Tyler
- “Adopt the pace of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nothing captures the beauty of nature quite like a well-framed shot and carefully chosen words. So the next time you find yourself drifting lazily under a breeze or roasting marshmallows over a newly built fire, think about what summer means to you and don’t forget to spread the joy.