How to Link Instagram Account to Facebook Page
Linking Instagram and Facebook is a quick and handy way of sharing your posts to both accounts at once. This ensures that those that you know who aren’t on Instagram get updated as well. Connecting to Facebook Pages gives you the ability to keep the members of those pages informed without the hassle of making a separate post.
In this article, we’ll show you how to link your Instagram account to your Facebook page so your posts get shared on both platforms.
Linking Facebook to Instagram
Linking Facebook and Instagram is a simple process, as both platforms are owned by the same company and share data with each other. To begin, log onto both accounts then do the following:
- Proceed to your Instagram Profile page by tapping on the small profile icon on the lower right part of your screen.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Setting which is at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap on Account.
- Choose Linked Accounts on the menu.
- Tap on Facebook. If you’ve yet to log onto Facebook, you’ll be asked to do that here.
- Once logged in, you’ll be presented with several options. By default, Facebook shares your posts to your Facebook Profile. To change this to a Facebook Page that you manage, choose that page under the Share to menu.
- You can also share any Stories you post automatically to Facebook by enabling the switch beside the option.
- There’s also a switch to share any posts you make automatically to Facebook as well.
- You can Unlink your account by navigating to this page again and choosing Unlink from the options.
If you don’t find the name of the Facebook page you wish to share to, make sure that you have administrator privilege on the page. You can share to your Facebook profile without restrictions, but you can only share Instagram posts to a page that you are the admin of. To check if you have administrator privileges, do the following:
- If you’re using the new Facebook Appearance theme:
1. Open the Facebook Page that you want to link.
2. Open the Page Settings by clicking on the cog icon on the lower left of the page.
3. Click on Page Roles on the left menu to see a list of users and their respective roles.
- If you’re using the Classic Facebook theme:
1. Open your Facebook Page.
2. Click on Settings found on the upper right corner of the page.
3. Choose Page Roles on the left menu.
From here you can see if you have admin privileges, and if you do, grant other users admin privileges as well. A page’s creator has admin privileges by default.
Linking Multiple Instagram Accounts to Facebook Page
You can link multiple Instagram accounts to your Facebook page, and you don’t need to log out of Instagram to switch between those accounts. To do this, follow these steps:
- While on Instagram, proceed to your Profile page by clicking the profile icon on the lower right.
- Tap on your Profile name on the upper left of the screen and choose Add Account.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the menu on the upper right and choose Settings, then scroll down the menu and tap on Add Account.
- You’ll be given the choice to either create a new account or log in to an existing account.
- Either make a new account or enter the login credentials of an account that already exists.
- Once done, click on Log In.
To switch between connected accounts without logging out of Instagram, head back to your profile page, tap on your Profile name on the upper left, and pick which account you want to log onto. You can link each account to your Facebook Page by following the instructions given above.
Link a Facebook page to Instagram Business (100)
You can also link Facebook Pages to your Instagram Business Account. Instagram Business offers several more features that personal Instagram accounts don’t have. If you wish to know more about Instagram Business Features, head to the help page. If you already have an Instagram Business account and wish to connect it to Facebook, follow the instructions below:
- Proceed to your Instagram Business Profile page.
- Tap on Edit Profile.
- Look for Public Business Information and tap on Page.
- You’ll be given a list of Facebook Pages that you have on your Facebook account that you might wish to connect to. Choose the one that you’d like to link. Alternatively, you have the option to create a new page.
As with personal Instagram accounts, you must be an admin of the page that you want your Instagram Business account linked to. If the Facebook Page you’re looking for is not on the list, check to see if you have admin privileges.
Sharing Interesting Events to Everyone
Sharing your images on Instagram is a quick way to show your friends, family, and fans any interesting things that happen in your life. Not everyone uses Instagram though, so connecting your account to Facebook makes sure that those that follow you there don’t miss out.
Do you know of any other ways of linking your Instagram account to your Facebook page? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.