How to Reverse TikTok Videos
TikTok is all the rage right now, and it is only getting bigger. Big companies and celebrities are using it, and young talented people are getting the recognition they deserve thanks to this great free app. TikTok is popping off because it has many cool features, filters, and effects.
If you are wondering how to reserve TikTok videos, you are in the right place. Read on, and you’ll find out how to do it in the TikTok app for Android and iOS, and some free alternative apps. We recommend sticking to the TIkTok’s native reverse feature.
Why Would You Reverse a TikTok Video?
Doing things in reverse usually looks pretty cool. You get bonus style points for that, and it’s all there is to it. Nobody is making you do it, but this trend is viral nowadays, especially on TikTok. The reverse video feature is native to TikTok, and popular TikTokers brought it to prominence.
The concept of doing things backward is not anything new or unusual. People found it funny a long time ago.
The internet popularized other, more recent reverse video trends. The bottle cap challenge is probably one of the most popular ones. That one was a global trend, and perhaps you can create something of that magnitude using the reverse feature on TikTok if you are creative enough.
How to Reverse TikTok Videos
You can reverse TikTok videos, also called TikToks (oh, how creative in the TikTok app, without using any third-party software, which is excellent. Doing so is not difficult at all, especially if you follow our detailed instructions:
- Launch TikTok on your iOS or Android device.
- Start recording a video on TikTok. Tap the Add (plus) icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, hold the record button (red circle), and it will begin recording right away. Tap the button once again (checkmark) when you finish recording.
- After recording, select the Effects (clock) option at the bottom of the recording window.
- A new dropdown menu will come up on your screen. Scroll to the right until you find the Time tab. Tap on it.
- Now, choose Reverse (next to flash and slow motion, its icon looks like an hourglass).
- When the effect is applied, tap Save in the upper-right corner of this window.
That’s it. Your reverse TikTok video is ready for sharing or saving. It will appear on your TikTok profile, from where you can freely download it to your Camera Roll or share it with your friends via various media outlets.
Android Video Reverse Alternative
There are way too many online tools that offer free video reversing. One of the best ones for Android devices is called Reverse Movie FX – Magic Video. Keep in mind that if you want to reverse a TikTok video, you must save it to your Camera Roll first, before you can use this app. Follow the steps when you have the video ready:
- Download Reverse Movie FX for Android.
- Open the app on your device.
- Select Start Reverse and select your TikTok video.
- Choose the starting and ending points of your video.
- Select Start and enable the Reversed option. You can also choose to add music or use the original audio from your TikTok.
- When you are done, select Start Reversing at the bottom of your screen.
Voila, the app will reverse your TikTok shortly after. This app is running on ads, so don’t be surprised if those keep popping up.
iOS Video Reverse Alternative
Similar to Reverse Movie FX for Android, there is an iOS app called Reverse Vid, which does the same thing. Follow the steps to use it, after you have saved your TikTok to your Camera Roll:
- Download the Reverse Vid iOS
- Launch Reverse Vid on your device.
- Add your TikTok from your Camera Roll.
- When the file loads up, click on Choose, and you will see some previews. Then, choose the video playback speed. When you’re satisfied with the video, tap Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Confirm with Save Video.
Playing videos in reverse is easy with this app if you want to reverse the entire video. If you only want to modify t parts of the video, you need to upgrade to the premium app version.
Falling in Reverse
There you have it. Reversing TikTok videos is not as difficult as you’d think. You can choose to do it in TikTok, which makes a lot of sense, but you also these free alternatives at your disposal. Don’t use some sketchy third-party apps or online tools, because they usually contain malware and can harm your phone or computer.
Hit the comments section below and tell us what types of videos you are making on TikTok (dance, singing, comedy, etc.), and how do you like the reverse feature so far.