How to Share All of Your Google Photos with Someone Else
Since its launch in 2015, Google Photos has been a smart solution for sharing photos from your last vacation or event. With just a few clicks, users can send meaningful photographic moments to their partners, family, or relatives.
But what do you need to do to share all of your Google Photos with someone else? If you’ve been wondering this, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to find out more.
Methods for Sharing Google Photos
How you want to share Google Photos determines the steps you need to follow. While some users prefer to use their smartphones, others want to do it from their computer. In the next section, we’ll explore how to share Google Photos from iPhones, Androids, and computers.
How to Share Google Photos from an iPhone
If you have an iPhone and want to share Google Photos with someone else, this is what you need to do:
- Firstly, make sure to download Google Photos. You can find the link to an app here.
- Launch the app.
- Choose a few or all photos that you want to send.
- Then, click on the ‘Share’ icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. It looks like a square with an upward arrow.
- Tap ‘Share to.’
Now, there are a couple of ways you can send photos. You can choose to send a link to the photos to an email, Facebook, SMS, etc.
If the other person is logged in to Google Photos, they can download them from the app. Alternatively, they can open the link you’ve sent to download the photos. Once they see them, you’ll get a notification.
How to Share Google Photos from an Android
Sharing Google Photos from an Android is relatively simple, once you get the hang of it. Before we show you the steps involved, make sure to download the Google Photos app here. Then, do the following:
- Open the app on your Android.
- Select the photos you want to share with someone else.
- Once you’re ready to send, tap on the ‘Share’ icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. It looks like three dots connected with two lines.
- Write the contact number, email address, or name of the recipient.
That’s it! You’ve successfully shared photos with a spouse or a friend. The way they open the photos depends on whether they’re logged into Google Photos or not. If they aren’t, they’ll get a link to click and save content.
How to Share Google Photos from a Computer
If your smartphone screen is too small for you when you need to look at a bunch of photos, you can share Google Photos from your computer instead. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open your usual browser.
- Type ‘Google Photos’ or click on this link.
- Select the album and choose photos from it you wish to send.
- You’ll see a ‘Share’ icon on the upper right corner of the screen. Again, this looks like three dots joined with two lines. Click on it.
- Choose the recipient and tap on them.
Besides this option, you can also get a sharable link or send the link to Twitter or Facebook. If you tap to get a sharable link, you’ll be able to add a message alongside the photos too.
Create a Partner Account
Google Photos has a fantastic function to set up a Partner Account. This neat option lets users share photos with their loved ones when they’re far away from you. The best thing is that they can automatically receive any new photo or a video you take in their Google Photos.
You can also adapt this option as required. For example, you can choose if you want to share photos of specific people only, perhaps your children. Google Photos does this by face grouping. But keep in mind it isn’t always the most reliable solution. Occasionally, recipients might get photos of other people, by accident.
It’s also possible to choose the period from which you want the recipient to start getting photos. When you select the date, the recipient will then receive photos from that day on.
To create a partner account, here’s what you should do:
- Open the browser and Google Photos.
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Partner Sharing.’
- Tap on it and then click on ‘Get Started.’
- In the search box, type the name or an email address of the person. Or select them from the list of suggestions.
- Select whether you want to share or photos or just the ones involving particular people and choose the period.
- Tap on ‘Next.’
- Finally, click on ‘Send Invitation.’
You’ve created a partner account!
Manage Your Google Photos
As you can see, the steps for sharing Google Photos with someone else are straightforward. You can now easily send your vacation photos from a smartphone or a computer. And if there’s a person with whom you often exchange photos, consider creating a Partner Account.
Did you find this option convenient? What kind of photos do you like to share, and have you used any other sharing solution in the past? Let us know in the comments section below.