The Best Captions for Chicago
Chicago is one of the most populous cities in the entire United States. It is a thriving center of economy, transportation, culture, and many other things. Chicago is also the second most visited city in the country, right after New York.
Whether you’re a native Chicagoan or a tourist, there are many landmarks you can visit, including beautiful museums and parks. There is also the Chicago Architecture River Cruise, which ranks just behind the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica Rome Tour as the second most visited tourist attraction in the world.
There are plenty of photos to be taken when in Chicago, and a good photo requires an even better caption to top it off. If you need inspiration, this article features some carefully picked captions to get you started.
Chicago Architecture River Cruise Captions
When in Chicago, why not visit the most popular tourist attraction in the entire United States, the Chicago River? This is not a small feat and people wouldn’t be flocking like seagulls to see it if it was mediocre. TripAdvisor named it their top pick among all the beautiful landmarks in America, with over 200, 000 satisfied traveler reviews.
Take a cruise on the Chicago River accompanied by an architectural guide and be amazed. The scenery will take your breath away, so better try to capture a series of photos before you’re all out of it. Here are some captions you can use to make your pictures complete:
- “’You’re my river running high. Run deep, run wild. I follow you.’ – Lykke Li”
- “’Beneath the city streets, there is a rush of city waters.’ – Nelson Algren”
- “Go with the flow of the river. Immerse yourself in nature, just slow down and meander. Avoid the obstacles and care for those downstream. Maintain on the current, because true beauty lies in the journey itself.”
The Art Institute of Chicago Captions
The Art Institute of Chicago was also at the top of TripAdvisor’s list many years in a row. It has a wonderful collection of impressionist art, second only to museums in Paris. You can visit the Modern Wing if you are into contemporary art, or gaze at the classics such as Nighthawks.
There is art from all over the world – America, Africa, Asia, even ancient Greece. You don’t need to be an art connoisseur to appreciate this wonderful museum and take pictures. You will need some classy captions alongside the photos, though, so here are some ideas:
- “’Shame you shut your eyes because I am a museum filled with art.’ –Rupi Kaur”
- “’Time is changed into space in museums like this one.’ – Orhan Pamuk”
- “Museums tell their story to those who listen. Each time you visit, there is a different tale.”
- “Art belongs to everybody, it is a source of freedom.”
- “Without art, there is no culture. Without culture, there is no humanity.”
Grant Park Chicago Captions
Everyone needs a little R&R in a city as busy as Chicago. Luckily, there are many parks in the city, and Grant Park is certainly one of the best to visit to take a break. It is huge and covers over 300 acres next to Lake Michigan.
In fact, the Art Institute is located here, alongside an aquarium, planetarium, and museum. If you are into green spaces, sculptures, and gardening, you will love this place. Many activities take place here, but you can visit just to take pictures and get some peace.
Some soothing captions are due for such scenery.
- “A little park and recreation in the morning/afternoon/evening.” (for joggers and athletes)
- “Sometimes, all you need to clear your head is a nice long walk. “
- “Welcome to the front yard of Chicago!”
The Loop Captions
You are really missing out if you don’t visit the Loop while in Chicago. This is the downtown part of Chicago, which is surrounded by the Ell train in a circular motion, thus the name. There is plenty of history here, especially related to the roaring 20s and the prohibition era.
If you are looking for interesting tours in Chicago, a gangsters and ghosts tour in the Loop should be on your list. If you want to find out more about speakeasies and gangsters like Al Capone, you will be amazed.
Needless to say, you can take some sweet photos here to put on your Instagram. Here are some neat captions for them:
- “Just chilling at the L.”
- “A trip down memory lane into the roaring 20s.”
- “Being stuck in a loop isn’t so bad after all.”
- “I like trains.”
- “Heading downtown, riding the L.”
Chicago, Heart of the Midwest
Anyone who has ever been to Chicago will surely tell you that it’s a place worth seeing, both with your own eyes and the eye of your camera. There is art, there is nature, and there are rooftops. The imagery is fantastic and words can hardly caption it, but you should still try and do your best to engage your Instagram followers.
What are some other must-see places in Chicago that we didn’t include in this article? Do you have some Chicago-inspired captions of your own that you’d like to share? Post your captions and Chicago landmark tips in the comments below.