How to Unmatch Everyone on Tinder
No question about it, Tinder is the best matchmaking app in the world. It also has the biggest user base, which can be both a blessing and a curse. There are simply too many people on Tinder, and you often get matched with rude, pesky, or unattractive people.
If you’re fed up with that, and you want to unmatch everyone on Tinder, here are your options. You can either manually unmatch one person at a time until you’re done, or you can start from scratch. The latter seems like a better option. Read on to find out how to do it.
Unmatching on Tinder
You can easily unmatch with somebody on Tinder. If it’s one person or several people, then it makes sense to unmatch them individually. In our book, this is logical if you want to unmatch up to thirty-plus people.
If that number is higher, it’s easier to delete your Tinder account and start over. Follow the steps to unmatch people individually on Tinder:
- Log into your Tinder account on iOS or Android.
- Open the chat with the person that you want to unmatch. Select the ellipses button if you’re on Android, or the flag button if you are on iOS.
- Tap on Unmatch in the upper-right corner of your screen.
You should know that unmatching is instant and permanent. They will disappear from your match list and vice-versa.
How to Report Your Tinder Match
You can also report your Tinder match if they’re a nuisance. Follow these steps:
- Open Tinder on your iOS or Android device.
- Open the match list, and find the match that you want to be reported.
- Tap on the ellipses or flag button, depending on your platform.
- Tap on Report in the upper-right corner and choose a reason why you’re reporting them. If you select Another reason, briefly explain why are you reporting them.
Reporting also removes this person from your match list and vice versa. This is also a permanent deal – once it’s done, it’s done.
How to Reset Your Tinder Account
We recommend deleting your Tinder account entirely if you want to unmatch with everyone. It’s much easier than manually deleting every single person, especially if you’re the chatty type. Don’t worry, you can easily make a new account, without any repercussions.
Tinder Reset via Mobile
Most people don’t associate their Tinder account, which is probably a smart move. If you used your phone number to set up Tinder, here’s how you can reset it and start from the ground up:
- Open Tinder on your device.
- Select Settings, and scroll all the way down until you see Delete Account. Tap on that option.
- Confirm the prompt.
- Delete the Tinder app from your device.
- Go to your device’s app store and install the latest version of Tinder. In case you had a premium Tinder subscription, you need to use a new Apple ID or Google Play account as well.
- Launch Tinder and create a new account. Also, you need a new phone number (unless you feel like waiting for three months).
- Voila, you can start matching with new people, without having to deal with your previous matches.
Tinder Reset via Facebook
Many people use Tinder via Facebook because it is easier. We don’t recommend that, but to each their own. Here’s how you can reset Tinder if you’re going to use Facebook to do it:
- Open Tinder and select Settings.
- Scroll until you find Delete Account, and select it. Confirm that you want to delete it.
- Delete the Tinder app from your device.
- Log into your Facebook account (the one linked to Tinder).
- Go to Settings, and choose Apps and Websites.
- Tap on Logged in with Facebook and choose Tinder.
- Scroll down and click on Remove App. Confirm the prompt.
- Create a fresh Facebook account using a different email. Also, you’ll need to use a new Apple or Google Play ID if you were a premium Tinder subscriber.
- Install Tinder once again, from your official app store.
- Create a new Tinder account.
- Again, you’ll need a new phone number to confirm the verification SMS code.
Request Your User Data from Tinder
Here’s a final tip. If you want to double-check that the reset was successful, you can ask Tinder to send you the user data for your new account. Then you can go through the data to see if anything from your old account is there. Follow the steps to make the request:
- Visit the official Tinder data website.
- Log in with your credentials, via mobile or Facebook.
- Enter your email address.
- They will send you a download link for your data after several days.
A New Beginning
Everyone needs a clean slate from time to time. Tinder is really good, but sometimes it can be a little too much. Resetting your account is usually easier than manually unmatching every single person. Feel free to report any abusive or rude users on Tinder.
That’s it, good luck with your new matches! If you’d like to share your experiences, feel free to do so in the comments section below.