What Does Clear Conversation Do in Snapchat
This article will explain how to use the ‘clear conversation’ feature and other methods to clear your messages from Snapchat permanently.
How to Clear Snapchat Conversations
If you want to remove a Snapchat conversation, you can follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the icon on the top left to access your profile screen.
- Tap the Settings button on the top right.
- Scroll down and tap the Clear Conversation button.
- Tap the X beside the name of the conversation you’d like to remove.
- A confirmation screen will appear. If you’re sure you’d like to delete the conversation, tap Clear.
Once you delete a conversation from the Friends screen, you will not be able to see the conversation history. If you believe there’s valuable info in a conversation, save it before you delete everything. Remember, though, that Snapchat will tell the other person if you’re screen recording or screenshotting conversations!
What Does ‘Clear Conversation’ Do?
When you clear a conversation, you merely remove it from your own screen. The other user will still be able to see the conversation until they clear it from their feed. Clearing a Snapchat conversation on your phone will not erase it from other users’ accounts, so be aware of that before you go and erase your copy of the conversation from your screen.
Clearing conversations tidies up your Friend screen and also helps the app work more quickly and efficiently. Unnecessary data can use up Snapchat resources and make the app malfunction or work slower — so if your app is lagging or malfunctioning repeatedly, you might consider clearing up some of the conversations on your Friends screen.
How Do I Delete Saved Chats?
One thing that stays, even after the conversation is deleted from the Friends screen, are saved messages in a conversation. You won’t be able to delete those messages unless you saved them and the other person did not. If the other person saved a particular message, you’re probably out of luck.
However, if you want to remove messages you saved, here’s how:
- Open the Friends screen and navigate to the conversation containing the messages you’d like to remove.
- Scroll up to the messages you’d like to unsave and tap on each one of them.
- The message will go from grey to normal and you will see ‘Unsaved’ to the left of the message.
- If it remains grey, it means the other user also saved the message, and you cannot unsave it unless the other person does so as well.
When the message becomes unsaved, it will disappear as all Snapchat content does. Once you exit the conversation, the message will be gone forever.
If you want to make your Snapchat tidy and easy to use, you can clear all the unnecessary conversations off your Friends page. Once you do that, you won’t be able to see them anymore, but other participants can still access it on their Snapchat profiles. To make a conversation disappear completely, all the participants should clear it.
If you want to make a message unavailable to all the participants of the conversation, you can use the ‘delete chat’ option. But there is still a chance they saw or saved the message before that. While the deletion options are useful, you should still message people responsibly.
Did either of the options above work for you? Do you have any other sweet Snapchat tips and tricks to share? Leave a message in the comments down below.